Why does my muni still creak?

Old July 23rd 03, 08:31 PM
loafr

Default Why does my muni still creak?

My ride is the semcycle xlw, only a couple months old. I checked the
spokes, even gave each one a small turn and it still creaks a little.
Crank arms seem good and tight. Is it just something thats going to
happen? I ain't the lightest person. 220 lbs on a good day. Ignore it
and ride on?

--
loafr
loafr's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3987

Old July 24th 03, 01:31 AM
David Stiller

I asked a similar question not long ago (mine was clicking, not creaking --
though in a pinch, I'd call my sound creaking, too). I'm 200 lbs and my uni
is also a mere couple months old.

Folks made a number of helpful suggestions, but after examining everything,
I turned up shrugging. For me, it is indeed "ignore it and ride on." So
far, so good.

David
stiller ( at ) quip ( dot ) net

Old July 24th 03, 05:38 AM
Mojoe

My Sem XLW was creaking, but it was from the stiffener plate in the
Miyata seat breaking. Now I have creaky Profile cranks, so I'm forever
creaky.

Mojoe

--
Mojoe - The Muni Militia

http://mojoe.unicyclist.com/
Mojoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/533

Old July 24th 03, 08:23 AM
paco

My KH Velo seat is clicking. Still haven't found a good way to solve
it. Maybe I need to tighten all the bolts again.

--
paco - Creator of the "BUni"

"We are all interested in the future, for that is where we will spend
the rest of our lives."
-Plan 9 From Outer Space
paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

Old July 24th 03, 11:57 AM
andrew_carter

You might like to check the pedals. They're the source of creaking on
my muni. I'll have to get around to cleaning them out pretty soon.
I've forgotten what it's like to have a completely silent muni.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - Freestyle newbie...

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com