unicycle = chick magnet

Old January 14th 04, 07:15 AM
pete66

Default unicycle = chick magnet

It's "Tuesday's Gone" by Lynard Skynard. Metallica do cover it but it's
the original Lynard Skynard one on the video.

--
pete66 - Level 3 Unicyclist
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

Old January 14th 04, 07:23 AM
jagur

ok so its not Freebyrd but at least i got the artist right...i never
listen to very much Lynard Skynard but the guitar solo in that song
sounds just like the solo in Freebyrd..almost like an epiloge to that
album,maybe?

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-Forget_Your_Life-

Old January 14th 04, 08:12 AM
muniracer

here are my observations on people's reactions

Girls
If they are young they usually seem intrigued but at the same time often
try to avoid getting anywhere near the unicycle (especially when hopping
on something high) to avoid any chance of accident. sometimes will stop
and watch but usually keep walking, depending on the girl. If older
usually makes some comment about dedication or great balance.

Boys
If young and in a group, will usually make some smartass statement or
pretend to to try to knock rider over. if alone, usually comments on
some sweet trick i just did. if older, usually stares but says nothing.
Also, sometimes if a boy is around people he doesnt know, he will
pretend to know me to show off to others. its usually someone i have
seen in one of my classes but he will come up and talk to me a lot and
pretend like we are chums.

Children
Usually scream and yelp and ask parents why the b*ke is broken.

these are generalizations but fairly accurate in my experience. my most
positive responses are from girls but my most astonished glances come
from guys.

--
muniracer - Hell On Wheel

The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns you!!

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuq25
muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339

Old January 14th 04, 12:15 PM
pete66

I find peaceful drunk ppl love the unicycle, they're usually full of
compliments, handshakes and hugs. I'm not really a big performer and
usually avoid the crowds but I'm a sucker for encouraging chicks... did
you hear the comment on the video? "I'm totally in awe of everything you
do" She was cool, pretty old (for me) too... must've been late 20s.

I haven't had anything close to a bad comment about uniing down here in
Wellington. When I was on holiday up north it was mainly all good too
except for a council guy threating to fine me $500 (no bikes allowed on
that path!) and some w*nker calling me a carney...

I don't know if I can go as far as generalising that ppl in Wellington
are different to up round Tauranga but it does seem to be all about fast
cars and sunglasses up there where as in Wellington it seems a bit more
artsy alternative.

Pete

Old January 15th 04, 08:04 AM
Klaas Bil

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 00:15:23 -0600, pete66
wrote:

It's "Tuesday's Gone" by Lynard Skynard. Metallica do cover it but it's
the original Lynard Skynard one on the video.

I think the correct spelling is Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
I have a feeling you might need two points of contact with the ground for such a thing to work? Or at least training wheels on the front and rear. - John Foss commenting on a picture of a one-wheeled vehicle he saw on RSU.

Old January 15th 04, 10:09 AM
Rowan

pete66 wrote:
*I haven't had anything close to a bad comment about uniing down here
in Wellington. When I was on holiday up north it was mainly all good
too except for a council guy threating to fine me $500 (no bikes
allowed on that path!) and some w*nker calling me a carney...

I don't know if I can go as far as generalising that ppl in Wellington
are different to up round Tauranga but it does seem to be all about
fast cars and sunglasses up there where as in Wellington it seems a
bit more artsy alternative.*

I found that people in Wellington seemed a bit more cold and unfriendly
than the folks from Taranaki. I thought it must be a big town thing, but
maybe it was my appearance that deterred them from talking to me. I
tried to greet people several times while we were riding downtown in
Wellington, and most of the people just ignored me and walked past,
avoiding eye contact. Back home heaps of people stop and talk and make
comments. I guess if I spent more time in Wellington more people would
have chatted with me. -Originally posted by Klaas Bil-
*I think the correct spelling is Lynyrd Skynyrd.*

You're right, I had a look on google and there are heaps more websites
with the correct spelling. It was my fault for spelling it wrong and I
was fooled by the many incorrect websites. 'This website'
(http://www.sidefxclassicrock.com/songs/ls_tg.htm) has pretty terrible
spelling - up the top it says Lydard Skynard. You can't always trust
the internet to be right!

--
Rowan - _________
Rowan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3772

Old January 16th 04, 12:18 AM
gerblefranklin

I was riding in Berkeley, California, and every single person I said hi
to replied. This is like 40 people. In San Francisco, it's about about
the same, except when I'm rushing to school, and am 10' past the person
before they can reply. Most girls ethier step to the side of the
sidewalk, or try and strike up a conversation. Most boys in groups,
especially after school, try and do something to the effect of jamming
something in my spokes, with a 99.9% failure rate. When they're alone,
they just look awestruck. Grownups just avoid me, or try and talk.

--
gerblefranklin

I don't break equipment, I make it cheaper.

Old January 16th 04, 12:45 AM
Murde Mental

Well, what can I say? people here (most of'em at least) just point and
laugh or give me that digusted look (especially old women. One once said
to her grandson: Some people are crazy, some are stupid, that one's
both) or scream some stupid thing about going back to the circus! freak!
And sometimes make the most annoying, cliche circus music. (It drives me
nuts I tell you!)

But as you can see, this is a perfect way of filtering the annoying,
image-obcesed people and getting to now the better, nicer, more tolerant
people.....

--
Murde Mental - Unicycling Martyr

Why do they call them mad cows eh!?
they're not mad, just a little confused is all......

Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

Old January 16th 04, 01:03 AM
mscalisi

gerblefranklin wrote:
*I was riding in Berkeley, California, *

When I ride in Berkeley, people call me "pinkman"...which is too bad
cause he's a gazillion times better than me (and stranger too!).

--
mscalisi - Not such a newbie anymore
mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961

Old January 16th 04, 01:03 AM
uniextreme

I find peaceful drunk ppl love the unicycle, they're usually full of
compliments,

In the downtown area where I live there is a bar I used ot ride by. Many
people have the same comments but sometimes if im sitting across the
street people come over and want to ride it. 2 guys were able to ride it
which I was very impressed and one was almsost able to side hop up a
curb. One time these 2 men even bet because one guy thought he could do
it and the other didnt believe him. Also unfourtuatley a 250 pound+ man
wanted to ride It, I said no untill a huge group of people came out to
watch him. He couldnt ride.

-BRIAN-

--
uniextreme - Funkadelic Unicyclist

Im riding a unicycle with my pants down, this should be everyboys dream-
Bart Simspon
uniextreme's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4708

surfing on a unicycle, tips and tricks... paulie pavlic Unicycling 10 November 15th 03 11:38 PM
NZ Unicycle Weekend GizmoDuck Unicycling 6 November 3rd 03 08:37 AM
New Unicycle types! XWonka Unicycling 16 October 15th 03 08:54 PM
My first unicycle showard Unicycling 1 October 3rd 03 06:20 AM