32mm Pasela tested on my uber technical track, now with pedestrians!

Old May 8th 08, 02:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

Default 32mm Pasela tested on my uber technical track, now with pedestrians!

Now that I'm within ten pounds of my good fighting weight and the
early season crick has been exercised out of my right knee, I thought
I'd see how fast these fat guys are by taking them on my 4 mile
rolling wetland circuit. It's got a few curves, so not a full on mash
fest and some slowdowns for bridges, but at least no stop lights. My
record is 10:55 on a still day with 23mm Prima 2s. Did 11:10 and
10:59, the first with slowdowns for peds yesterday. As I suspected, if
they're slower than a full bore "sport tire" it isn't enough to matter
for a street rider. FWIW, they're a full minute to minute and a half
faster than a thick gumwall "city" type tire that I tried, which weigh
300g more--but I bet ya it's the casing, not the weight that makes the
difference.

Old May 8th 08, 03:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
N8N

On May 8, 9:44*am, landotter wrote:
Now that I'm within ten pounds of my good fighting weight and the
early season crick has been exercised out of my right knee, I thought
I'd see how fast these fat guys are by taking them on my 4 mile
rolling wetland circuit. It's got a few curves, so not a full on mash
fest and some slowdowns for bridges, but at least no stop lights. My
record is 10:55 on a still day with 23mm Prima 2s. Did 11:10 and
10:59, the first with slowdowns for peds yesterday. As I suspected, if
they're slower than a full bore "sport tire" it isn't enough to matter
for a street rider. FWIW, they're a full minute to minute and a half
faster than a thick gumwall "city" type tire that I tried, which weigh
300g more--but I bet ya it's the casing, not the weight that makes the
difference.

Mind telling us what your gumwalls were that you were riding? Just
curious...

Yes, I know that probably the best thing I could do to improve my
speed would be to lose about 15 lbs, not buy new tires

nate
Old May 8th 08, 03:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On May 8, 9:16 am, N8N wrote:
[...]

I slapped on the Contis I pulled off my Dew. Some CountryRides. Same
casing as their City Ride and a few of their other $20 basic tires.
Good for utility bikes for sure, but a miserable casing for sport
riding. Put such tires on your beater that gets locked outside and
left in the sun. Anyway, I tried one ride with them as a control, and
it was just sad.

34.9mm adapter on 32mm tube? [email protected] Techniques 7 March 21st 08 01:26 PM
32mm tyres on 35mm rims Ben UK 11 June 17th 07 06:25 PM
Uber Cheap R Brickston Techniques 1 August 12th 06 05:56 PM
I need pictures of dur uber coker manon1wheel Unicycling 0 November 30th 05 02:43 PM
I need pictures of dur uber coker manon1wheel Unicycling 1 November 29th 05 01:54 AM