A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Mudguards for a gravel bike

Old November 19th 18, 11:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot
external usenet poster

Default Mudguards for a gravel bike

On Monday, November 19, 2018 at 5:13:09 PM UTC-5, jbeattie wrote:
Snipped
Everybody uses fenders around here in the fall/winter/spring. Even gravel riding. http://www.leaveitontheroad.com/blog...de-portland-or

-- Jay Beattie.

Fenders on gravel bicycles can be a real blessing to anyone riding behind you or yourself as it greatly reduces the amount of gravel that might chip the paint on your bike.

The only time I really had a problem with fenders on any of my MTBs was the time I took a short cut through an area that had clay soil and it was really wet. that clay stuck to the tires like cement. Even then it would not have been so bad except that in a couple of places I had to stop and boy getting started again was a real chore. I had to clean the clay deposits out from between the fenders and the tires in order to get going again. Then again that terrain would most likely have stopped the bike eve without the bike having fenders on it.

Cheers
Ads
Old November 25th 18, 02:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Mudguards for a gravel bike

On Monday, November 19, 2018 at 11:47:54 AM UTC-5, Andrew Chaplin wrote:
Could someone suggest an effective model of mudguards, front and rear, for a bike such as thishttp://www.konaworld.com/rove_nrb_dl.cfm? I am hoping to find a good quality set that I can mount and remove quickly. Most I have looked at are for 700c applications, and they won't do.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

I have these SKS RaceBlades on my cyclocross bike which is my all-season bike. I have 35mm tyres on and that is really about as big of a tyre as these fenders will swallow.
https://www.sks-germany.com/en/produ...eblade-pro-xl/

But they are super easy on, easy off, and do a marvelous job of protecting precious toes and @$$ in the wet. For me they were totally worth the cost and I don't even live in the PNW.

Good Luck