Tektro R200A brake levers-recommended!

Old August 13th 05, 06:50 AM
maxo

Default Tektro R200A brake levers-recommended!

I just got a set of these from my LBS. $25. Brilliant! Pretty much a Campy
Ergo clone as far as shape. Superb quality for the buck. Highly
recommended if you're upgrading a bike with d/t shifters, bar-ends, or a
single speed.

I'm still dialing in the angle, but I'll post a picture link tomorrow.

Same as the Cane Creek SCR-5 lever.

The Cane Creek comes in a compact model, something worth exploring even
for those with moderate sized paws.

Lickbike has them:

http://www.lickbike.com/productpage.aspx?PART_NUM_SUB='1348-00'
Old August 13th 05, 07:12 AM
Hank Wirtz

maxo wrote in
news
I just got a set of these from my LBS. $25. Brilliant! Pretty much a
Campy Ergo clone as far as shape. Superb quality for the buck. Highly
recommended if you're upgrading a bike with d/t shifters, bar-ends, or
a single speed.

I'm still dialing in the angle, but I'll post a picture link tomorrow.

Same as the Cane Creek SCR-5 lever.

But, as someone pointed out, the Tektros don't have the annoying Hood
Lizards.

"Hood Lizards" - now that would be a cool band name!

-HW
Old August 13th 05, 08:10 AM
maxo

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 01:12:37 -0500, Hank Wirtz wrote:

But, as someone pointed out, the Tektros don't have the annoying Hood
Lizards

Those cost $10

:P

Old August 13th 05, 01:13 PM
Ron Ruff

maxo wrote:
I just got a set of these from my LBS. $25. Brilliant! Pretty much a Campy
Ergo clone as far as shape. Superb quality for the buck.

I've been using some for a few months and love the shape and size. The
pivots for the levers seem pretty sloppy, but they feel fine in use.

The only problem I've encountered is the right hood stretching enough
to pop out of the grove in the plastic lever body. Super glue is
keeping it in place at the moment.

Old August 13th 05, 08:53 PM
maxo

A couple photos:

http://photos23.flickr.com/33711288_2c1e58f89e_o.jpg

http://photos22.flickr.com/33711287_f1db534850_o.jpg

And I must add that in anticipation of posting those, when I installed my
new tires, I lined up the labels for the first time in my life ever. LOL
Old August 13th 05, 09:31 PM
Bill Sornson

maxo wrote:
A couple photos:

http://photos23.flickr.com/33711288_2c1e58f89e_o.jpg

http://photos22.flickr.com/33711287_f1db534850_o.jpg

And I must add that in anticipation of posting those, when I
installed my new tires, I lined up the labels for the first time in
my life ever. LOL

If you just rotate the front one a quarter turn, we'd've never known

Old August 15th 05, 07:27 AM

pivots and hoods are fine and good here, but the q/r mech does rattle
when braking on rough road. All in all a great buy.

If you ride a lot on the hoods and are subbing these for an older
fashioned lever, you'll find that the reach is a cm or so greater since
the levers are quite a bit larger. Tons of nice ways to ride on them. I
like the palms on the hood position which is only comy if you've got
them adjusted pretty horizontal and not "jacked up" like some are want
to do.

Brakes on a 24"? innes Unicycling 17 January 19th 07 06:57 AM
recommended brake levers davek UK 17 May 6th 04 02:07 AM
Right Hand Front Brake Levers? Greg Walton Australia 21 December 16th 03 06:40 AM
ICYCLES Inventory List ICYCLES Marketplace 0 July 26th 03 08:25 PM
*Edit Me* - New FAQ addition on brake squeal. ant Techniques 1 July 23rd 03 06:52 AM