Could we trust the fate of the world to machines?

Old December 10th 14, 07:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Free Spirit, Chief of Quixotic Enterprises

Default Could we trust the fate of the world to machines?

On Wednesday, December 10, 2014 2:11:41 PM UTC-5, rst9 wrote:
On Wednesday, December 10, 2014 10:23:29 AM UTC-8, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:
No machine can be smarter than a human being.
They are faster, no doubt, but can not be smarter.

But they can not be stupid either.

You can not call a machine "stupid"
because machines are made to perform a specific job.
And the machine can do this specific job much much better than humans can.

I don't know why we have say "this stupid machine."

But I think you are right. We are stupid, not them. Could we trust the fate of the world to machines and, say, do away with politicians?

Amazing topic.

"The jungle has never been this much fun!"

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Old December 11th 14, 04:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Free Spirit, Chief of Quixotic Enterprises

On Thursday, December 11, 2014 9:36:56 AM UTC-5, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:
On Thursday, December 11, 2014 8:36:00 AM UTC-5, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher wrote:
On Thursday, December 11, 2014 4:53:06 AM UTC-5, Jeanne Douglas wrote:
In article ,
Malcolm McMahon wrote:

On Wednesday, 10 December 2014 19:26:14 UTC, Free Spirit, Chief of Quixotic
Enterprises wrote:
On Wednesday, December 10, 2014 2:11:41 PM UTC-5, rst9 wrote:
On Wednesday, December 10, 2014 10:23:29 AM UTC-8, Wise TibetanMonkey,
Most Humble Philosopher wrote:
No machine can be smarter than a human being.
They are faster, no doubt, but can not be smarter.

But they can not be stupid either.

You can not call a machine "stupid"
because machines are made to perform a specific job.
And the machine can do this specific job much much better than humans
can.

I don't know why we have say "this stupid machine."

But I think you are right. We are stupid, not them. Could we trust the fate
of the world to machines and, say, do away with politicians?

Amazing topic.

The potential advantage of a world run by AIs is that AIs aren't primates,
they don't naturally come with motivations like power-lust, or just ordinary
lust for that matter.

They also don't come with empathy.

And they won't believe in God, making them rational.

An interesting proposition would be to introduce the concept of God into the robot.

Would he say "This doesn't make sense!" or would he say "You are God!" (He would be talking to the owner --me in this case)

Don't trust the machine:

Nowadays you must realize that there may be a human ear behind any smart machine, such as the computer.

How smart is the computer? Will it ever alert you the Bible is pure BS?