I need a Off Set Seat Post 15.0 mm HELP

Old August 14th 05, 12:49 PM

Default I need a Off Set Seat Post 15.0 mm HELP

I need a 15.0 mm off set seat post. I can find nothing less than
15.4 mm. Anyone have a location where I can purchase ? My search
engines & phone calls have not located one.
Thanks
Old August 14th 05, 01:31 PM
Arthur Harris

wrote:
I need a 15.0 mm off set seat post. I can find nothing less than
15.4 mm. Anyone have a location where I can purchase ? My search
engines & phone calls have not located one.

Wait a minute! Do you realize how small 0.4 mm is? How did you come up with
this 15.0 mm requirement?

Art Harris

Old August 14th 05, 06:13 PM

OK, so I'm _not_ the guy that wants the seatpost but I do have an
answer to your question.

0.4 of a mm is .015748"

That is approximately 1/64"

Hope this helps.

Lewis.

*******************

Old August 14th 05, 06:27 PM
Leo Lichtman

wrote: (clip) I do have an
answer to your question.(clip) That is approximately 1/64" (clip)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is not an answer to the question. The question was, "Does he realize
it?" ;-)

Old August 14th 05, 06:31 PM
Arthur Harris

"Leo Lichtman" wrote:

wrote: (clip) I do have an
answer to your question.(clip) That is approximately 1/64" (clip)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is not an answer to the question. The question was, "Does he realize
it?" ;-)

Yes, I assume the OP is talking about 15.0 vs. 15.4 mm of setback. It
certainly can't be seat post diameter.

Art Harris

Old August 14th 05, 06:49 PM

Yes, I realize.
I used a micrometer it is 15.0mm or a smidgen less. A 15.4, readily
available, will not fit.
This is a 20 year old bike still is great condition. I paid about
$650 ( equivalent to a $1500 today) and it has quality components
still in relative good condition.
I want to experiment with a different seat before I purchase a new
bike.
The size, style would probably be close to a hard tail today.
Any one who has one in adds never can find one in stock when I want to
purchase.
Even if they had i would not pay $175 for an experiment .
I just want to use cheap steel post like they sell in area of $20
for a 15.4 but it is too large.

Old August 14th 05, 07:38 PM
Arthur Harris

wrote:
Yes, I realize.
I used a micrometer it is 15.0mm or a smidgen less. A 15.4, readily
available, will not fit.

Something's not right here. Are you talking about seat post diameter? The
most popular size is 27.2 mm. I think the smallest is like 25.0 mm.

Do you mean 25.0 mm? If so, try:
http://tinyurl.com/5aoco

I thought you were talking about set back distance.
Art Harris

Old August 14th 05, 08:16 PM

Thanks,Art, I found the 25.0 mm on web page you suggested.
I will call tomorrow- hope it is stock.
$36.95 is a reasonable price for me to experiment.
Thanks, again.
Joe
On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 14:38:30 -0400, "Arthur Harris"

Old August 14th 05, 08:17 PM

Too funny, Leo.

Kind regards.

Lewis.

BTW, I'm also a Leo. My B/day was yesterday. :-)

***************

Old August 15th 05, 02:32 AM
A Muzi

wrote:
I found the 25.0 mm on web page you suggested.
I will call tomorrow- hope it is stock.
$36.95 is a reasonable price for me to experiment.

Now I'm confused.
What frame is it?
Are you looking for a 15.0mm post or a25.0mm post?
25.0mm posts are cheap - $19.95 everywhere (including here) --
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Open every day since 1 April, 1971