Found a great place for recumbent clothes

Old June 22nd 04, 04:30 AM
Edward Dolan

Default Found a great place for recumbent clothes

"Gene" wrote in message
om...
(Snowman) wrote in message

om...
I just found a great place for recumbent clothes. I visited this store
after finding the website. I found John very helpful.

www.kucharik.com

Snowman9

I have a great place also, Walmart. They have a non-padded short that is
tight enough around the leg to keep bugs and wind out and they cost $10.
As far as shirts, what is the matter with tees that you can buy just about
any where. The last thing I want to resemble is those Lycra Larrys on
their DFs. From what I have experienced, the more high-priced lycra, the
bigger the jerk. IMHO of course.

Gene

Gene, you are a man after my own heart. I get all my cycling clothing at
Wal-Mart like you. I have to laugh at Calhoun Cycles of Minneapolis selling
very expensive recumbent specific cycling clothing in their catalog. All I
can say is that a fool and his money are soon parted. Just my opinion of
course, but my opinion is NEVER humble. My opinions are on the order of
oracles from the Gods of Mt. Olympus!

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old June 22nd 04, 05:02 AM
Tom Sherman

Edward Dolan wrote:

"Gene" wrote in message
om...

(Snowman) wrote in message

[...]

I understand Mr. Dolan prefers to buy clothes made by teenage girls who
work 70-90 hours a week at $0.10-0.20/hour (much of which goes back to
the employer for substandard dormitory housing and food) in a
neo-fascist country instead of clothing made under decent conditions by
adults earning a living wage in a country with reasonable human rights
standards.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

Old June 22nd 04, 06:08 AM
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

"Gene" wrote in message
om...

(Snowman) wrote in message

[...]

I don't give a good g.d. about the living wages in any other country in the
world other than the US. If China or India or Mexico or any other god
forsaken country in the world do not know how to get their living standards
raised, then to hell with them! If they had any brains they would copy the
US. But since they don't, let them rot in their miserable countries. Hell,
if we weren't buying their products from them in stores like Wal-Mart, they
would be even worse off then they already are. It is mostly the US market
that is pulling the rest of the world out of the mud.

Mr. Sherman and his ilk can buy their stuff in stores like Eddie Bauer and
Lands End and pay a premium. I and most of the rest of the world will buy
our stuff in stores like Wal-Mart at the lowest possible price. I say thank
God for Wal-Mart!

See, I told you my opinions are NEVER humble.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old June 22nd 04, 04:21 PM
skip

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

snip
........................clothing made under decent conditions by
adults earning a living wage in a country with reasonable human rights
standards.

Tom it would be helpful if you could give us some brand names and sources
for these clothes.

skip

Old June 23rd 04, 01:11 AM
Tom Sherman

skip wrote:
"Tom Sherman" wrote in message

Edward Dolan wrote:

snip
.......................clothing made under decent conditions by

adults earning a living wage in a country with reasonable human rights
standards.

Tom it would be helpful if you could give us some brand names and sources
for these clothes.

My favorite jerseys were made in Durango, Colorado by Boure and
purchased from the aforementioned Calhoun Cycle.

For recumbent use, you can often were clothing made for non-cycling
outdoor activities (cross-country skiing, running, etc.). The higher
quality brands are often made in the US or Canada. I like the Columbia
bi-component (polyester inner/wool outer) underwear for riding in cold
weather and their polyester fleece sweats (since they can easily be
pulled over other clothing).

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

Old June 23rd 04, 01:16 AM
Tom Sherman

Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]

Yo E.D.! Wake Up!

Outsourcing production to mainland China takes away jobs from people in
guess what country - yep, the good old USA.

But since you are a Cheney/Bush supporter, you likely approve of moving
US jobs to China since it benefits Cheney/Bush's multimillionaire and
multibillionaire friends.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

Old June 23rd 04, 02:29 AM
Edward Dolan

Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]

We are now living in a global economy and outsourcing will solve itself in
due time. We Americans will do more and more the high tech types of jobs
that we do best. Let the rest of the world do the grunt production type of
labor, both blue collar and white collar. However, you should be in favor of
outsourcing since it has the effect of raising living standards in places
like China. But the bottom line for me is that you cannot get elected to
public office in this country if there are not jobs available for Americans
to make a living at. So let's worry about the job situation if and when it
becomes a problem.

Thank God for Wal-Mart. It is the salvation of not only working Americans
but of all those working foreigners who can make things and sell them to us
via Wal-Mart.

Your conspiracy theory of millionaires and billionaires doing us all in is
wearing thin. Time for you to get a new ideology!

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old June 23rd 04, 02:36 AM
skip

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message

My favorite jerseys were made in Durango, Colorado by Boure and
purchased from the aforementioned Calhoun Cycle.

For recumbent use, you can often were clothing made for non-cycling
outdoor activities (cross-country skiing, running, etc.). The higher
quality brands are often made in the US or Canada. I like the Columbia
bi-component (polyester inner/wool outer) underwear for riding in cold
weather and their polyester fleece sweats (since they can easily be
pulled over other clothing).

Thanks. Someone else once recommended Boure for high quality jerseys and
shorts, I got one of their catalogs. I never ordered anything from them
and I'm not sure why. Perhaps they were a bit pricy causing me to
procrastinate to the point of inaction.

I think slave or forced labor is evil so I've got this thing about buying
stuff from China, where I know forced labor exists. It's getting tougher
everyday to find anything not made there.

skip

Old June 23rd 04, 03:38 AM
Mark Leuck

"skip" wrote in message

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message

My favorite jerseys were made in Durango, Colorado by Boure and
purchased from the aforementioned Calhoun Cycle.

For recumbent use, you can often were clothing made for non-cycling
outdoor activities (cross-country skiing, running, etc.). The higher
quality brands are often made in the US or Canada. I like the Columbia
bi-component (polyester inner/wool outer) underwear for riding in cold
weather and their polyester fleece sweats (since they can easily be
pulled over other clothing).

Thanks. Someone else once recommended Boure for high quality jerseys and
shorts, I got one of their catalogs. I never ordered anything from them
and I'm not sure why. Perhaps they were a bit pricy causing me to
procrastinate to the point of inaction.

I have a Boure recumbent jersey, while it works well I end up wearing a
regular jersey (I like the flashy stuff)

Old June 23rd 04, 04:14 AM
Tom Sherman

Mark Leuck wrote:

I have a Boure recumbent jersey, while it works well I end up wearing a
regular jersey (I like the flashy stuff)

I refuse to PAY a lot of money to wear advertising (many commercially
sold jerseys) and most of the others I see in catalogs are just ugly.

The Boure recumbent jerseys do have the original series Star Trek look
to them, however.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area