Summer projects

Old August 15th 03, 12:57 AM
Bob Flemming

Default Summer projects

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 22:57:10 +0100, Jim Price
wrote:

We've heard from a few people with bent projects underway (or even
completed) already. Are there any other tinkering minded people out
there, and what are you all thinking of doing before summer runs out?

Garry, how is the home built recumbent going?

lol...who's he, when he's at home.

Well, of late I haven't been that much. Have been entertaining a lady
friend from overseas for a few days, so it was confronted with the
reality of accepting that I was living on a dump, a real dump.....so,
boy, did I ahve to get cleaning?......so the bent (if that's what I
can call it!) had to go and sit in the lav for a while. But it is in
progress, but progress is slow...

Seeing as though I've been called to account, (perfectly fair if
you've said 'this and that'...I'll borrow a dig camera right this
minute and show you what's going on. It's proving to be more of a
challenge than I had originally envisaged, which is kind of
'grounding' in a way, or is that just brought to ones senses?

But I'm learning a lot. For one, a workshop would be great, and
secondly, an oxy-act setup would be magic - it's a bit of a struggle
with just mapp/air....it's doable, but only just. And then there's BB
height, headset angle, trail, wheelbase...etc..lots to learn.

So this is what we have so far....it's supposed to be a SWB, but the
wheelbase is already 42in, the seat is next on the job list, and then
the boom and then the steering wiping brow and so on.......and yes,
you are allowed to spill beer over the keyboard :-) But, hey, it's a
prototype!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/vindaloo77/bike.jpg

Didn't do that much today though...went to Bletchley Park instead.
Very peaceful.

Garry B

1
Old August 15th 03, 01:34 AM
Jim Price

Bob Flemming (Garry Broad with old ng settings) wrote:
Seeing as though I've been called to account, (perfectly fair if
you've said 'this and that'...I'll borrow a dig camera right this
minute and show you what's going on.

You weren't kidding about the "right this minute" bit. Thanks to the
vagaries of your ISP, I can tell you the photo was taken 15-Aug-2003
00:45 (according to a digital clock on a device not far from you).

It's proving to be more of a
challenge than I had originally envisaged, which is kind of
'grounding' in a way, or is that just brought to ones senses?

It probably isn't brought to ones senses when you invent stuff on the
fly - look at Clive Sinclair!

So this is what we have so far....it's supposed to be a SWB, but the
wheelbase is already 42in

I think that's still SWB....

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/vindaloo77/bike.jpg

Starting to take shape. I have to say you already seem to have got a
long way towards creating the equivalent of the dutch recumbent stylee
thingee we've been hearing about recently.

--
Jim Price

http://www.jimprice.dsl.pipex.com

Old August 15th 03, 11:15 AM
David Nutter

Jim Price said:
We've heard from a few people with bent projects underway (or even
completed) already. Are there any other tinkering minded people out
there, and what are you all thinking of doing before summer runs out?

Giving my fixed gear bike its front wheel back. This is contigent on
Shimano sending back the hub dynamo they're servicing so my regular bike can
have *its* front wheel back

Not much of a project but it seems to be taking a long time.

Regards,

-david