Chris Walker Wins Nationals

Old June 17th 04, 12:30 AM
BJC

Default Chris Walker Wins Nationals

I'm sure somebody can add race details.

Old June 17th 04, 04:51 AM
Mark Fennell

"BJC" wrote in message
I'm sure somebody can add race details.

1. Chris Walker Labor Power
2. Billy Innes Lombardy Sports
3. Evan Elken Broadmark Capital
4. John Hamblen
5. John Hunt Village Peddler

This is awesome, especially since he's been so close several times before. I
doubt any amateur in the US has been training as consistently hard and as
long as Chris Walker. He is definitely a sentimental favorite in every P12
race he does. OTOH, he is pure evil when he enters a Masters race.

Old June 17th 04, 02:48 PM
Curtis L. Russell

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:51:22 -0700, "Mark Fennell"
wrote:

1. Chris Walker Labor Power
2. Billy Innes Lombardy Sports
3. Evan Elken Broadmark Capital
4. John Hamblen
5. John Hunt Village Peddler

John Hamblen is riding unattached or team just not available? Would be
a surprise if he were unattached this late in the year.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old June 17th 04, 04:51 PM
Hippstar

BJC wrote in message .. .
I'm sure somebody can add race details.

Here is the full story from VeloSnooze + others:

http://www.velonews.com/
http://www.velonews.com/race/dom/articles/6284.0.html

http://www.truesport.com/Bike/2004/r...ite061704.html

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road.php?...e04/USelite042
Old June 17th 04, 06:28 PM
Bill Lloyd

On 2004-06-16 16:30:40 -0700, BJC said:

I'm sure somebody can add race details.

Strong, yes. Smart, no.

He registered for a race one year wearing a track sweatsuit, backwards,
with the back wide open. Wonder if he thought he was in a hospital?

Old June 17th 04, 06:50 PM
Mark Fennell

On 2004-06-16 16:30:40 -0700, BJC said:

I'm sure somebody can add race details.

Strong, yes. Smart, no.

Now, is that really called for? And you're wrong btw.

He registered for a race one year wearing a track sweatsuit, backwards,
with the back wide open. Wonder if he thought he was in a hospital?

I think he took his cue from you...

http://www.altovelo.org/rr01/results/

.... or maybe he was just trying to tempt you.

Old June 19th 04, 12:00 AM
Bill Lloyd

On 2004-06-16 16:30:40 -0700, BJC said:

I'm sure somebody can add race details.

Strong, yes. Smart, no.

Now, is that really called for? And you're wrong btw.

Oh yeah? Was he your physics professor?

He registered for a race one year wearing a track sweatsuit, backwards,
with the back wide open. Wonder if he thought he was in a hospital?

I think he took his cue from you...

http://www.altovelo.org/rr01/results/

... or maybe he was just trying to tempt you.

Maybe. The season before that, he *did* try and ride me off the road
when I wouldn't help him chase back my teammates when our 6 rider break
split in half and 2 of my teammates were in the group of 3 that went up
the road.

When I asked him about it after the race, noting I outweighed him by 40
lbs, he responded "well, I'm pretty good at it if I can get under
somebody."

Old June 19th 04, 06:29 AM
Mark Fennell

On 2004-06-17 10:50:53 -0700, "Mark Fennell"

On 2004-06-16 16:30:40 -0700, BJC

said:

I'm sure somebody can add race details.

Strong, yes. Smart, no.

Now, is that really called for? And you're wrong btw.

Oh yeah? Was he your physics professor?

He registered for a race one year wearing a track sweatsuit, backwards,
with the back wide open. Wonder if he thought he was in a hospital?

I think he took his cue from you...

http://www.altovelo.org/rr01/results/

... or maybe he was just trying to tempt you.

Maybe. The season before that, he *did* try and ride me off the road
when I wouldn't help him chase back my teammates when our 6 rider break
split in half and 2 of my teammates were in the group of 3 that went up
the road.

When I asked him about it after the race, noting I outweighed him by 40
lbs, he responded "well, I'm pretty good at it if I can get under
somebody."

....not that there's anything wrong with that.

But back on topic, apparently the USAC officials wanted CW to return to
Redlands tomorrow (Saturday) to participate in some joint awards ceremony
with the winners of the other championship events and he politely declined.
Then they offered to pay his expenses and let him ride the Olympic selection
race with the elite, WITH-CONTRACTS riders so he accepted. Let's see how he
does...

Old June 19th 04, 10:58 AM
Kyle Legate

Mark Fennell wrote:
But back on topic, apparently the USAC officials wanted CW to return
to Redlands tomorrow (Saturday) to participate in some joint awards
ceremony with the winners of the other championship events and he
politely declined. Then they offered to pay his expenses and let him
ride the Olympic selection race with the elite, WITH-CONTRACTS riders
so he accepted. Let's see how he does...

What team will he be riding for?