is this the bicycle racing forum ?

Old September 23rd 05, 05:54 PM
Laz

Default is this the bicycle racing forum ?

I wonder. seeing all this crap hurled about without any thought, ****ing gas
prices, rita and **** like that... no mention of rogers winning 3rd straight
world cup TT, the ouster of verbruggen etc. can anyone post a link to a
cycling forum where cycling related matters are discussed ?

TIA
Laz

Old September 23rd 05, 06:02 PM
Donald Munro

Laz wrote:

I wonder. seeing all this crap hurled about without any thought, ****ing gas
prices, rita and **** like that... no mention of rogers winning 3rd straight
world cup TT, the ouster of verbruggen etc.

Verbruggen wasn't ousted, everything went pretty much to his plan.

can anyone post a link to a cycling forum where cycling related
matters are discussed ?

Have you tried aus.bicycle ?

Old September 23rd 05, 06:29 PM
RicodJour

Laz wrote:
I wonder. seeing all this crap hurled about without any thought, ****ing gas
prices, rita and **** like that... no mention of rogers winning 3rd straight
world cup TT, the ouster of verbruggen etc. can anyone post a link to a
cycling forum where cycling related matters are discussed ?

Feel free to start your own threads more to your taste.

Old September 23rd 05, 06:36 PM

Verbruggen retired. His protege is now prez. Sounds to me like
Verbruggen won.

Old September 23rd 05, 09:08 PM
Tom Kunich

This is the point - answering the stupid postings instead of discussing
racing has gotten entirely out of hand. It was fine when it was an
occasional thing but now it is the rule instead of the exception.

Old September 24th 05, 01:17 AM
Fred Marx

Tom Kunich wrote:
This is the point - answering the stupid postings instead of discussing
racing has gotten entirely out of hand. It was fine when it was an
occasional thing but now it is the rule instead of the exception.

I particularly *love* the Aussie wankfest about the pedophile or what
ever his issues are.
Old September 24th 05, 01:24 AM
Bill C

Laz wrote:
I wonder. seeing all this crap hurled about without any thought, ****ing gas
prices, rita and **** like that... no mention of rogers winning 3rd straight
world cup TT, the ouster of verbruggen etc. can anyone post a link to a
cycling forum where cycling related matters are discussed ?

TIA
Laz

Apparently those are things, with the exception of the Mrty Wallace
BS, that the cyclists here care to discuss with the other cyclists. My
experience being that here in the US cycling tends to have a much
better informed and educated body of participating members I don't have
any problem with the "off topic" discussions because they are things
that are important to the racing cyclists here. If everybody posted the
activities at their local parking lot crit with full details we might
have something to discuss that met the "Cycling Gods" criteria, but my
guess is that we'd get really bored really fast.
Lot's of people I like and respect think this should be strictly
limited to races, racer's info, results, training maybe and not much
more. I disagree, and see this as a place for people who give a ****
about racing to talk about the things they care about. Sometimes that's
NOT racing, but life, or just smack. Personally, I love the intelligent
international nature of the group and the discussions. If you don't
think politics affects cycling look at the years the Tour didn't run.
Those were when politics failed all of us.
Bill C

Old September 24th 05, 02:04 AM
Bill C

Fred Marx wrote:
Tom Kunich wrote:
This is the point - answering the stupid postings instead of discussing
racing has gotten entirely out of hand. It was fine when it was an
occasional thing but now it is the rule instead of the exception.

I particularly *love* the Aussie wankfest about the pedophile or what
ever his issues are.

I'd love to lock all of them in a room with K-Y tubes filled with
Mineral Ice and hold a contest where the last asshole left intact and
alive got to leave. With any luck there wouldn't be a winner. But it's
easy to ignore, so it's not a huge problem for me.
Bill C

Old September 24th 05, 02:26 AM
Tom Kunich

"Fred Marx" wrote in message
Tom Kunich wrote:
This is the point - answering the stupid postings instead of discussing
racing has gotten entirely out of hand. It was fine when it was an
occasional thing but now it is the rule instead of the exception.

I particularly *love* the Aussie wankfest about the pedophile or what ever
his issues are.

That's from a guy called Roger Bratton who lives in Concord, CA and
apparently sells cardboard boxes for a living. He is a mental case and the
local police are trying to find some method of committing him.

Old September 24th 05, 06:14 AM
Laz

"Bill C" wrote in message
ups.com...

Laz wrote:
[...]

I don't mind the OT frankly, simply because I am familiar with a number of
those who contribute to this forum; I wouldn't want to have to search for
another group just to have a place to put my 2 bits in about something
important but, that said, perhaps there is too much OT. I am annoyed that
rogers can be the world tt champion 3 times in a row and not a peep here.
It is a stunning achievement.

Laz