The American Fascist Party can't all be cyclists!

Old July 9th 19, 01:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default The American Fascist Party can't all be cyclists!

On Mon, 8 Jul 2019 15:58:51 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 3:21:02 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 8 Jul 2019 08:45:59 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 7:19:22 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 7/8/2019 9:54 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Sunday, July 7, 2019 at 6:22:06 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Sunday, July 7, 2019 at 5:31:35 PM UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:

Tell us all: Since my home, which is paid for, is now worth $700,000, Why would I need to cash in my investments to move elsewhere?

Because you constantly whine here about the horrors of the area near you, and
blame it all on people whose views are not as nutty as yours.

If you like it there, quit whining about how terrible it is. If you don't like it
there, move.

- Frank Krygowski

Frank lives in a little berg in the middle of nowhere and thinks everyone should.

Nope. I think a person should not live in misery, as you apparently do;
and subject everyone else to his constant complaining, as you definitely
do.

I lived for a while in a place that I generally didn't like. I didn't
complain nearly as much as you do. Instead, I found a good job and nice
home elsewhere.

A small bag of groceries good for one or two days cost $56 here now ...

See what I mean about whining?

I wouldn't blink at spending $56 on a small bag of groceries. If I want
it, I buy it. I can easily afford it.

If things like that cause you so much dismay, you should do something to
change the situation. Whining about it on this newsgroup just makes you
sound like an impotent snowflake. Man up!

--
- Frank Krygowski

You are the one that talked about finances and then when given answers refer to it as whining. Only someone with an extremely sick mind does things like that. It must irk you to no end that as a self educated engineer I've been 100 times more successful than you.

Maybe you can hold a discussion with John - another failure in life - and invent a dozen other things like his claims that I said I discovered HIV. Or that I said that I have $700,000 in the market. You two make a couple matched in heaven and betwixt the two of you you lick the platter clean. While others look on in awe.

Right, a failure in life.

After all, I've been happily married to the same woman for 50 years,
own two homes, have sufficient funds to support myself and my wife for
the rest of our lives without working, am reasonably healthy and am
intelligent enough to live in areas where I am quite contented and
don't have to weep and cry about the horrible foreigners moving in and
generally feel I've lived the" good life".

Too bad you couldn't have planned your life better and become a
failure like me. Than you wouldn't have to moan and cry about your
plight.
--
cheers,

John B.

That must be some happy life - living in a foreign country and hoping that a more military regime doesn't cut your head off.

Goodness Tom. You have a vivid imagination. I've lived in Thailand,
although I worked in Indonesia for years, since 1972. During that
period there has been 9 coups and during none of them has there been
any attempt to cut off anyone's head. Neither those of foreigners nor
of the Thai population.

Yet again you demonstrate that you are talking about something about
which you have no knowledge whatsoever.

--
cheers,

John B.

Old July 10th 19, 02:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

wrote:

[...]

Imagine that, you don't even know what is going on under your very nose.
Old July 10th 19, 09:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

wrote:

[...]

What is "going on under my nose"? Please tell us what I have missed?

Perhaps the massacre of hundreds, maybe thousands, of Thais or
foreigners by the Military government? Or maybe the amazing decrease
in the economy caused by the Military Government? Or the decreased
minimum salary of the poor working man?Or? Or?

Or perhaps the fact that you are talking about something about which

Old July 10th 19, 03:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

wrote:

[...]

It would appear that you have a great deal more faith in a dictatorship than in the Free Enterprise US. One can only guess why that is.
Old July 11th 19, 11:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 12:14:32 AM UTC+1, AMuzi wrote:

Samuel Huntignton in his 'Political Order in Changing
Societeies' (1968) posits that nearly all military coups are
undertaken by middle class officers to promote middle class
values (order, honest services etc) in reaction to disorder
and/or corruption. The very rich and the abjectly poor
usually offer them little or no support.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

That such an obvious observation needed to be stated, and is to this day contentious, tells you something about the poor quality of foreign policy education in the States. Men like Kennan and Kissinger, who could have kept education sane, were instead lost to various administrations, and never returned to academe. There's something wrong with such a system, because educational sanity lasts generations, and a bureaucrat or a politician's influence, while perhaps critical in the short term, of its nature is overturned when the administration changes.

Andre Jute
The list of men who stopped wars isn't long
Old July 12th 19, 10:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 3:45:23 AM UTC-7, John B. Slocomb wrote:

Tom, I keep telling you that you are a fool and while you keep denying
it you just keep on opening your mouth and proving that you are lying
when you defend yourself..

Whether you are a criminal and safe in Thailand is very dependent on
what sort of a criminal you are. If you are either a convicted
criminal or wanted by a state or national agency for a crime that has
been committed and the Thai government has been formally alerted of
the fact than you may well be nabbed at immigrations when you enter
the country. If you are living here and have any sort of permission to
reside here than you are required to report your residence to
Immigrations every 90 days and you will be caught than, If you are
residing here illegally than you better be careful as one of your
neighbors will likely "out" you to the cops just to get the reward.

As for entering the country illegally, it certainly possible but
unless you have some pretty good contacts inside the country to point
you in the right direction you'll never make it as the Thai government
offers rewards to the cops or even private citizens that "catch" an
illegal entrant.

In fact if it was you I'd offer pretty good odds that you'd never get
10 miles inside the country before the cops would be all around you.
Using the normal Thai's conception of foreigners, a foreigner - a
White man - white men are rich - he isn't with anyone from around here
- the government will give me a reward if I rat him out - what was
that cop's telephone number?

Of course, if you are a "piker" and wanted by the Sheriff of lower
Goobersville somewhere in the back woods of Georgia, or Maine, for
that matter than you are probably safe here.

As for half the population of Bangkok being criminals I seriously
doubt it. The population of Bangkok was 8,280,925, according to the
latest census of 2010.

There are some 24,000 "Americas" i.e. people from all if North and
South America residing in Bangkok and as of June 2010 the men's
section of Klong Prem Central Prison held 1,158 foreigners from 56
countries out of a total of 7,218 prisoners. the bulk of whom were
dope smugglers.

Oh yes, illegal guns. Certainly there are illegal guns here but they
aren't used very often compared to the U.S. as the murder rate per
capita in Thailand is 3.24 per 100,000 inhabitants, 60% that of the
U.S. with its 5.35 per 100,000 inhabitants murder rate.

And once again Tommy the Fool exhibits his under whelming knowledge of
the world.

And we all can see what your credentials are worth. Like Jay, you live on the hill where protected you can claim all is well. No matter what the truth is.

Old July 13th 19, 01:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 14:30:51 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

[...]

You mean everyone that is on a hill is protected? Goodness Gracious
Sakes Alive! (as my Grandma used to say).

Like the Battle of Hastings where the Anglo-Saxons were on the hill
and the Normans were down in the valley?

Or the Little Big Horn where the U.S. troops were on the hill and
the Indians (they hadn't become "Native Americans" yet and still
thought that they were Lakota, Northern Cheyenne, or Arapaho)

Goodness Tom... I just don't believe that you know what you are
talking about!
--
cheers,

John B.

Old July 14th 19, 11:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Frank Krygowski wrote:

Chalo wrote:
Bad cops drove away good cops a long time ago. What's left is either criminals under color of authority, or those who'll acquiesce to/support the criminals.

Not where I live.

Maybe you can provide an example of one of your presumed good cops outing a bad cop?

Cops who won't enforce the law against other cops are bad cops and bad humans.
Old July 15th 19, 12:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 3:19:14 PM UTC-7, Chalo wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:

Chalo wrote:
Bad cops drove away good cops a long time ago. What's left is either criminals under color of authority, or those who'll acquiesce to/support the criminals.

Not where I live.

Maybe you can provide an example of one of your presumed good cops outing a bad cop?

Cops who won't enforce the law against other cops are bad cops and bad humans.

You are working on the assumption that there are bad cops and so no reports of cops reporting cops means that they are all bad.

That is the 9-year-old method of looking at the world. Cops have slightly different laws that they abide by than you. Tell us that a cop seeing a suspect pulling his hand rapidly out from behind him when told to raise his hands and the cop shooting the suspect because he saw a glint in the dark backyard some person's backyard at night has THE RIGHT to answer with lethal force. You don't like it? Tough.
Old July 15th 19, 02:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Frank Krygowski wrote:

Chalo wrote:
[...]

They do? I had thought in the U.S. that police obeyed the applicable
federal and state laws, but now you tell us that they have special
laws, one assumes peculiar only to police?

We'll have to ask the resident lawyer here whether that is true or
not. After all when the cops were caught banging away on old Rodney,
there, it seemed like that had failed to obey California State laws,
not "cop laws".

Or should we just chalk this up to yet another of Tom's fantasies ?
--
cheers,

John B.