Gravity-Dropper Seatpost: Workaround For Wedge?

Old September 8th 07, 04:59 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
(PeteCresswell)

Default Gravity-Dropper Seatpost: Workaround For Wedge?

My kneejerk was to tie a few inches of black bungee through the
wedge's Velcro and the post.

Viz:
http://tinyurl.com/2tadj5
http://tinyurl.com/33ythp

But I suspect that a few hundred ups and downs will toast the
Velcro.

Have greater minds than mine come up with a more elegant/robust
solution?
--
PeteCresswell
Old September 8th 07, 06:13 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
My kneejerk was to tie a few inches of black bungee through the
wedge's Velcro and the post.

Viz:
http://tinyurl.com/2tadj5
http://tinyurl.com/33ythp

But I suspect that a few hundred ups and downs will toast the
Velcro.

Have greater minds than mine come up with a more elegant/robust
solution?

Yes. If you're riding terrain that requires a Gravity-Dropper than
ditch the wedge.

Greg

--
Ticketmaster and Ticketweb suck, but everyone knows that:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org

Dethink to survive - Mclusky
Old September 8th 07, 07:52 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
(PeteCresswell)

Per G.T.:
Yes. If you're riding terrain that requires a Gravity-Dropper than
ditch the wedge.

It's not the terrain per se.

More like the terrain + the rider's (extremely-limited) ability.
--
PeteCresswell
Old September 8th 07, 08:57 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
â–€Slack

On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 11:52:03 -0700, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Per G.T.:
Yes. If you're riding terrain that requires a Gravity-Dropper than
ditch the wedge.

It's not the terrain per se.

More like the terrain + the rider's (extremely-limited) ability.

Like GT said, ditch it: http://www.altrec.com/shop/detail/28350/

I personally think the GD seatposts are suspect anyway. I sure the heck
wouldn't want anything rubbing or bumping up against it.
--
Slack
Old September 8th 07, 09:37 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
(PeteCresswell)

Per ?Slack:
Like GT said, ditch it: http://www.altrec.com/shop/detail/28350/

I personally think the GD seatposts are suspect anyway. I sure the heck
wouldn't want anything rubbing or bumping up against it.

That link brought up a page for a CamelBak.

Was it supposed to be for something else?
--
PeteCresswell
Old September 8th 07, 10:28 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Sep 8, 12:57 pm, Slack wrote:
On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 11:52:03 -0700, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per G.T.:
Yes. If you're riding terrain that requires a Gravity-Dropper than
ditch the wedge.

It's not the terrain per se.

More like the terrain + the rider's (extremely-limited) ability.

Like GT said, ditch it: http://www.altrec.com/shop/detail/28350/

I personally think the GD seatposts are suspect anyway. I sure the heck
wouldn't want anything rubbing or bumping up against it.
--
Slack

They're not suspect, they are guilty of failing under heavy riders
already.

JD

Old September 9th 07, 01:26 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
(PeteCresswell)

Per JD:
They're not suspect, they are guilty of failing under heavy riders
already.

Anybody care to put a finer point on "Heavy"?
--
PeteCresswell
Old September 9th 07, 02:47 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Sep 8, 5:26 pm, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Per JD:

They're not suspect, they are guilty of failing under heavy riders
already.

Anybody care to put a finer point on "Heavy"?
--
PeteCresswell

Clydesdale, or someone who is lighter but rides heavy.

JD

Old September 10th 07, 09:23 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
My kneejerk was to tie a few inches of black bungee through the
wedge's Velcro and the post.

Viz:
http://tinyurl.com/2tadj5
http://tinyurl.com/33ythp

But I suspect that a few hundred ups and downs will toast the
Velcro.

Have greater minds than mine come up with a more elegant/robust
solution?

Another suggestion. Look for an NOS Hite-Rite and you can use your own
seatpost.

Greg
--
Ticketmaster and Ticketweb suck, but everyone knows that:
http://ticketmastersucks.org

Old September 11th 07, 12:56 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
(PeteCresswell)

Per JD:
Clydesdale

Pick one: