English - Official Language of the European Union

Old June 1st 05, 12:04 PM
gayno

Default English - Official Language of the European Union

The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English
will be the official language of the European Union rather than German,
which was the other possibility. As part of the negotiations, Her
Majesty's Government conceded that English spelling had some room for
improvement and has accepted a 5-year phase-in plan that would become
known as

"Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c".
Sertainly, this will make sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c"
will be dropped in favour of "k". This should klear up konfusion, and
keyboards kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the
troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make words like
fotograf 20 percent shorter.

In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted
to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible.
Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have
always ben a deterent to akurate speling.

Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag
is disgrasful and it should go away.

By the fourth yer peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th"
with "z" and "w" with "v".

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining
"ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensibl riten styl. Zer
vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu
understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.

--
gayno - Hi Everybody!

lickhill_racer (at) hotmail (dot) com - feel free to add me!

All my posts are made with 100% recycled electrons.

The one AND only Gayno - right here and in full, with the cattleprod on
charge ;-)

http://spaces.msn.com/members/lickhillracer/
gayno's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6400

Old June 1st 05, 12:09 PM
mango

You are a gay dancer.

--
mango - unity - as 1 stand together

*I never post drunk but I always post stupid. *-harper
mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

Bicycle power of European Union [email protected] General 7 February 28th 05 05:22 AM
Appropriate Use Policy [email protected] Recumbent Biking 81 February 16th 05 01:40 AM
Muni on the Moon? dforbes Unicycling 71 January 20th 04 09:43 PM
Union Jack Jersey Me UK 20 November 25th 03 10:35 AM