Some (hopefully) interesting articles...

Old April 24th 09, 06:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Sandlin

Default Some (hopefully) interesting articles...

I thought you might be interested in these:

http://sustainablesavannah.com/trans...automatically/

While cyclists and pedestrians plead for inclusion, motorists are
accommodated automatically

------------------------------------

2. http://greatergreaterwashington.org/post.cgi?id=565

Get off the road! No, get on the road!

At dinner the other day, some friends expressed surprise that DC law
allows riding a bicycle on the sidewalk (except in the central
business district, ...
-----------------------

3. http://streetsblog.net/

Featured Story
Entitled Driving Journalist Syndrome Surges at WTOP

Greater Greater Washington April 24, 2009
Excerpt: " When I walk, … I view cars as loud, polluting
annoyances driven by out-of-town drunks distracted by their cell
phones. When I drive, I find that pedestrians are suddenly the menace,
whacked-out iPod drones blithely meandering across the street without
looking. When I ride a bike, I get the worst of both worlds, buffeted
by speeding cars whose drivers resent my superior health and fuel
economy, and hounded by oblivious pedestrians who seem to think it’s
safe to cross against the light if "only a bike" is coming but are
then startled and indignant as I whisk past at twenty-five miles an
hour."

Interesting Cycling Articles bicycle_disciple Techniques 2 September 6th 08 12:00 AM
Cycling articles dtmeister Australia 0 December 5th 06 11:14 PM
2300 news articles for victory. 3100 news articles for doping to get there [email protected] Racing 2 July 30th 06 07:52 PM
A couple of interesting bike articles Peter Cole General 12 November 27th 05 03:34 AM
Interesting Training Articles Site? jj General 0 April 3rd 05 07:57 PM