tandem for trade?

Old November 15th 05, 12:00 AM
Bill Patterson

Default tandem for trade?

We are not using our original 2 wheel drive tandem. It has a 45 inch
wheelbase and totally independent pedaling action. The captain pedals
the front wheel and the stoker pedals the rear wheel with no timing chain.

It has 48 spoke 20 inch wheels with arai drum brakes. The seats are
standard bikeE seats. We toured Denmark on the bike in 1998. We were
able to take the bike on the aircraft in 2 garment bags with no shipping
charges. It's compact size does make packing less luggage important.

Photo at

http://www.calpoly.edu/~wpatters/pic.html

http://www.calpoly.edu/~wpatters/pic/doda2.jpg

Movies at"

http://www.calpoly.edu/~wpatters/movies.html

It also has a really plush rear suspension for the stoker.

It should be said that the moving bottom bracket drive system takes some
getting used to. You should ride it alone for a few days before going 2 up.

If you have something interesting let me know. I am looking for a
streamliner or ?.
--
See bikes at: http://home.earthlink.net/~wm.patterson/index.html

See bikes and the first human powered helicopter at:

http://www.calpoly.edu/~wpatters/

Reply to