Arrrgggghhhh!

Old January 29th 05, 08:10 PM
TimC

Default Arrrgggghhhh!

I set the alarm for 5:50pm! Why do I keep doing this? subconcious
wantint to get out of getting up so early? I didn't *really* want to
do the BR today?

This is why I want my alarm under computer control. My computer will
NEVER get it wrong.

BSDM is fun, nothing like AIX. --Graham Reed
Old January 29th 05, 10:56 PM

"TimC" == TimC writes:

TimC I set the alarm for 5:50pm! Why do I keep doing this?
TimC subconcious wantint to get out of getting up so early? I
TimC didn't *really* want to do the BR today?

Another salient example of why the 24 hour clock is superior to the AM /
PM style.
--
Cheers
Euan
Old January 30th 05, 12:19 AM
DaveB

TimC wrote:
I set the alarm for 5:50pm! Why do I keep doing this? subconcious
wantint to get out of getting up so early? I didn't *really* want to
do the BR today?

This is why I want my alarm under computer control. My computer will
NEVER get it wrong.

We waited an extra 5 mins but 12 hrs and 5 mins might be pushing it.
Great day for a ride.

DaveB
Old January 30th 05, 01:39 AM
hippy

wrote in message news
"TimC" == TimC
writes:

TimC I set the alarm for 5:50pm! Why do I keep doing this?
TimC subconcious wantint to get out of getting up so early? I
TimC didn't *really* want to do the BR today?

Another salient example of why the 24 hour clock is superior to the AM /
PM style.

It doesn't help if there's a power failure and the user then
sets the time wrong due to a nearby clock being on
non-daylight savings time.. as someone might have done
on Thursday morning.. 4.40am became 5.40am and my
attempt to avoid peak hour traffic was foiled..

hippy
"6:20 there 5:43 back"

Old January 30th 05, 12:22 PM
stu

"hippy" wrote in message
wrote in message news
"TimC" == TimC
writes:

TimC I set the alarm for 5:50pm! Why do I keep doing this?
TimC subconcious wantint to get out of getting up so early? I
TimC didn't *really* want to do the BR today?

Another salient example of why the 24 hour clock is superior to the AM /
PM style.

It doesn't help if there's a power failure and the user then
sets the time wrong due to a nearby clock being on
non-daylight savings time.. as someone might have done
on Thursday morning.. 4.40am became 5.40am and my
attempt to avoid peak hour traffic was foiled..
what? your alarm clock doesn't have battery back-up??
you're in IT arent you? got a spare UPS laying around

Old January 30th 05, 12:33 PM
TimC

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 at 12:22 GMT, stu (aka Bruce)

"hippy" wrote in message
It doesn't help if there's a power failure and the user then
sets the time wrong due to a nearby clock being on
non-daylight savings time.. as someone might have done
on Thursday morning.. 4.40am became 5.40am and my
attempt to avoid peak hour traffic was foiled..

what? your alarm clock doesn't have battery back-up??
you're in IT arent you? got a spare UPS laying around

Mine is actually connected to the UPS, and also has an internal
battery. The internal battery uses an oscillator that is about 50%
fast, so if the power goes off for only a few minutes, I have to
readjust the clock. The UPS seems to put out 47 Hz or so, so it also
makes the clock go bad, just not as quick.

My code is giving me mixed signals. SIGSEGV then SIGILL then SIGBUS. -- me
Old January 30th 05, 08:51 PM
hippy

"stu"
It doesn't help if there's a power failure and the user then
sets the time wrong due to a nearby clock being on
non-daylight savings time.. as someone might have done
on Thursday morning.. 4.40am became 5.40am and my
attempt to avoid peak hour traffic was foiled..

what? your alarm clock doesn't have battery back-up??
you're in IT arent you? got a spare UPS laying around

Unfortunately.. no and no. :-(
Good idea though ;-)

hippy