Helmets for large heads

Old November 28th 03, 04:39 PM
Jokke

Default Helmets for large heads

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to get extra large helmets. I have
tried to find them in sweden but the largest I have found is 63cm but I
have 64.5cm :-(

Regards
Jokke
Old November 28th 03, 06:02 PM
David L. Johnson

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 17:39:27 +0100, Jokke wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to get extra large helmets. I have
tried to find them in sweden but the largest I have found is 63cm but I
have 64.5cm :-(

I have the same problem, though I don't know my hat size in metric units.
I go on a quest whenever I*feel the need for a new helmet (I am currently
on such a quest). Keep trying them on. Some "large" helmets are bigger
than others. Some are just poorly shaped for my head. I found a Bell
helmet that fit fairly well, in a large/extra large size, but it was too
ugly to wear. This is also a common problem.

The "universal fit" ones aren't even worth trying on.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | This is my religion. There is no need for temples; no need for
_`\(,_ | complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our
(_)/ (_) | temple. The philosophy is kindness. --The Dalai Lama

Old November 29th 03, 01:41 AM
WBtobal

In article , Jokke
writes:

Does anyone know if it is possible to get extra large helmets. I have
tried to find them in sweden but the largest I have found is 63cm but I
have 64.5cm :-(

Regards
Jokke

Hi Jokke,

Bell Sports makes a really large helmet (much larger than the usual
XL size) it is called the Kinghead. Do an Internet search on Google
for "Kinghead Helmet".

Regards,
Bill

Old November 29th 03, 02:27 AM
David L. Johnson

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 01:41:10 +0000, WBtobal wrote:

Bell Sports makes a really large helmet (much larger than the usual XL
size) it is called the Kinghead. Do an Internet search on Google for
"Kinghead Helmet".

Boy, is that one ugly helmet. I'll keep looking, thanks.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | More people object to wearing fur than leather because it is
_`\(,_ | safer to harrass rich white women than motorcycle gangs.
(_)/ (_) |

Old November 29th 03, 03:28 AM
Bill Blum

David L. Johnson wrote:

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 01:41:10 +0000, WBtobal wrote:

Bell Sports makes a really large helmet (much larger than the usual XL
size) it is called the Kinghead. Do an Internet search on Google for
"Kinghead Helmet".

Boy, is that one ugly helmet. I'll keep looking, thanks.

It's the only helmet I could find that fit my head... even the Giro
Atlas wasn't big enough.

Old November 29th 03, 12:00 PM
Jokke

Den Sat, 29 Nov 2003 01:41:10 +0000 skrev WBtobal:

Hi Jokke,

Bell Sports makes a really large helmet (much larger than the usual
XL size) it is called the Kinghead. Do an Internet search on Google
for "Kinghead Helmet".

Thanks for the tip, I will try to get some store get one so I can try it
out.

regards
Jokke
Old November 29th 03, 12:01 PM
Jokke

Den Fri, 28 Nov 2003 19:57:46 -0500 skrev David Kerber:

I don't know what their metric size is, but Giro has an "Atlas" series
for large heads; it's what I had to get to find one which fit well.

Thanks, I will see if I can find someone to try.

regards
Jokke
Old November 29th 03, 12:06 PM
Jokke

Den Fri, 28 Nov 2003 13:02:07 -0500 skrev David L. Johnson:

I have the same problem, though I don't know my hat size in metric units.
I go on a quest whenever I*feel the need for a new helmet (I am currently
on such a quest). Keep trying them on. Some "large" helmets are bigger
than others. Some are just poorly shaped for my head. I found a Bell
helmet that fit fairly well, in a large/extra large size, but it was too
ugly to wear. This is also a common problem.

Thanks for the tip.

It looks like there is more people than me that has this problem, I wonder
how they deal with it in countries that has a law on bicycle helmets.

The "universal fit" ones aren't even worth trying on.

Yeah, tell me about it, "one size fits all" right?!

regards
Joakim Lagerqvist
Old November 29th 03, 02:27 PM
Q.

snip
It looks like there is more people than me that has this problem, I wonder
how they deal with it in countries that has a law on bicycle helmets.

In Canada, there used to be an exemption for people who head was 64 cm or
bigger. I'm not sure if it's still on the books. I've been trying to find
out, since I plan on going to visit next year, and my head is 64.5 ... I
will not wear a Hemet regardless!

C.Q.C.