common sense

Old March 2nd 10, 10:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

Default common sense

thank goodness USAC showed some, otherwise the entire bike industry
could've collapsed under the loss of masters fatty $$$

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/...lse-can_106711
Old March 3rd 10, 03:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
Scott wrote:

thank goodness USAC showed some, otherwise the entire bike industry
could've collapsed under the loss of masters fatty $$$

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/...vs-usa-cycling
-says-but-no-one-else-can_106711

Numbers talk:

³Because masters are quickly approaching 80 percent of our membership [...]"
Old March 3rd 10, 04:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Cousineau

In article ,
howard kveck wrote:

In article
,

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/...hivs-usa-cycli
ng
-says-but-no-one-else-can_106711

Numbers talk:

³Because masters are quickly approaching 80 percent of our membership [...]"

That was a bit of a surprise. But yeah, this makes sense.

I'm not sure how I feel about this situation, and I say that as a guy
who is fat and masterful, and who has previously scorned a pro cycling
career as the curse of the lactic classes.

--
Fred Cousineau http://www.wiredcola.com/
"It's despicable, but it works." -Fred Dumas
Old March 3rd 10, 01:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_3_]

Fred Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
howard kveck wrote:
Numbers talk:

³Because masters are quickly approaching 80 percent of our membership [...]"

That was a bit of a surprise. But yeah, this makes sense.

I'm not sure how I feel about this situation, and I say that as a guy
who is fat and masterful, and who has previously scorned a pro cycling
career as the curse of the lactic classes.

I'm not surprised at all. What Farrell is saying is that 80%
of USAC Road membership is age 30 or older. He's not saying
that about USAC membership overall.

I would estimates that bicycle ownership is near 100% for my
high school age kid's friends. Of that group, my kid is the
only one I am aware of that owns a road bike. A road bike is
the second bike purchased, and it doesn't happen until the
owner has resources and a desire for multiple bikes.

Bob Schwartz