The Effects of Mountain Biking on Wildlife and People -- WhyOff-Road Bicycling Should be Prohibited

Old June 26th 04, 04:14 PM
S o r n i

Default The Effects of Mountain Biking on Wildlife and People -- Why Off-Road Bicycling Should be Prohibited

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:14:30 +0200, bomba
wrote:

.Mike Vandeman wrote:
.
. God, you guys are SLOW!
.
.We're not slow. We like to travel as fast as possible - it stops us
from .taking in the countryside properly and means we don't have to
react to .flora and fauna that get in our way.

Thanks for proving my point.

Dammit, Bomba, now you've done it. We had him on the ropes before that...

Bill "wonder which 'Whoosh!' is louder: our flying knobbies or Mike not
getting sarcams?" S.

Old June 26th 04, 04:55 PM
Mike Vandeman

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 14:42:38 GMT, Trekkie Dad wrote:

..In article ,
.. "cc" wrote (referring to "mikey":
..
.. I'm not sure exactly who you think you are, but it must hard to make friends
.. when you are clearly so superior to everybody.
..
..It's a wonder mikey can get his head through the doorway, his head is so
..inflated!
..
..
.. It's too bad, Mike. Not just for you. I mean, you obviously are in a bad
.. place if you continue to post here. You must realize that you're not
.. reaching anybody, yet you continue. Which means that you really don't have
.. anything better to do, enjoy the abuse, or like patronizing others to make
.. yourself feel better.
..
..Maybe that's an old habit from playing "the game" when mikey was a
..member of the Synanon cult.
..
.. I think the worst part, though, is that your ilk give environmental
.. advocates a bad name. I am a very green person, and believe you are truly
.. destructive to the goals of those who seek positive reform through the
.. promotion of awareness. It's amazing that this is (supposedly) what you care
.. about, yet your actions are free of understanding or compassion. Being a
.. reactionary (or fascist, more like it) clearly isn't progressive.
..
..It's absurd. Take a moment to read the WWC dictionary referenced in my
..sig.
..
.. Have you ever tried responding to any of these emails (aka "opening a
.. dialogue") rather than just deriding them?
..
..Uh, no. Opening a dialog would involve opening his mind. If you observe
..mikey long enough, you come to realize his mind is not only closed, but
..the lock is rusted, and the key has long ago been discarded.

We psychologists call that "Projection".

..TD

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old June 27th 04, 02:47 AM
Trekkie Dad

In article ,
Mike Vandeman wrote:

.Uh, no. Opening a dialog would involve opening his mind. If you observe
.mikey long enough, you come to realize his mind is not only closed, but
.the lock is rusted, and the key has long ago been discarded.

We psychologists call that "Projection".

Yet another predictable response--so far gone you don't recognize the
trait in yourself. (Maybe it's an aftereffect from the brainwashing.)

And while we're on the subject of psychology--despite the degree you
hold, you are not licensed to practice psychology (at least not in the
state of California where you reside). Don't pretend to be something
that you're not.

TD--not going to play "the game"

--

World Without Cars Dictionary of Vandemisms (2001) is available at:
http://trekkiedad.freeservers.com/wwc.html
Old June 27th 04, 06:49 AM
Mike Vandeman

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 01:47:57 GMT, Trekkie Dad wrote:

..In article ,
.. Mike Vandeman wrote:
..
.. .Uh, no. Opening a dialog would involve opening his mind. If you observe
.. .mikey long enough, you come to realize his mind is not only closed, but
.. .the lock is rusted, and the key has long ago been discarded.
..
.. We psychologists call that "Projection".
..
..Yet another predictable response--so far gone you don't recognize the
..trait in yourself. (Maybe it's an aftereffect from the brainwashing.)
..
..And while we're on the subject of psychology--despite the degree you
..hold, you are not licensed to practice psychology (at least not in the
..state of California where you reside). Don't pretend to be something
..that you're not.
..
..TD--not going to play "the game"

Last I looked, one doesn't need a license to tell the truth. You should try it
some time.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old June 27th 04, 12:52 PM
Stephen Baker

MV blurts:

Last I looked, one doesn't need a license to tell the truth.

Lucky for you - they'd have pulled your license years ago.

Old June 27th 04, 02:14 PM
Trekkie Dad

In article ,
ospam (Stephen Baker) wrote:

MV blurts:

Last I looked, one doesn't need a license to tell the truth.

Lucky for you - they'd have pulled your license years ago.

Good shot, Stephen!

TD

Old June 27th 04, 03:38 PM
S o r n i

Stephen Baker wrote:
MV blurts:

Last I looked, one doesn't need a license to tell the truth.

Lucky for you - they'd have pulled your license years ago.

M^V is no more a "psychologist" than someone with a degree in History who
works at 7-11 is an historian.

Bill "of course, the chemists work the Slurpy machine" S.

Old June 28th 04, 02:15 PM
Joz

wrote:
Originally posted by Mike Vandeman I'm being a Pd.D. in Psychology. I
don't need a license for that.

Doctor of Pedagogy in Psychology. You profess to teach that which you
admittedly do not understand yourself.

Nice.

Just nice.

Old June 29th 04, 03:01 PM
Joz

Mike Vandeman wrote:
Yes it does. Expertise in scientific method and interpreting mountain
bikers' pseudo-scientific "studies". But it takes ZERO scientific
knowledge to report on the OBVIOUS damage done by mountain biking.
Anyone can do it, as long as they are HONEST (that rules out all
mountain bikers).

All mountain bikers are dishonest. Sounds like a pretty stand-up
hypothesis.

I'm going to go ahead and step out on a limb and divine that you in fact
have no higher degree than a B.S. tops.

I wouldn't even be surprised if you were a high school student with the
maturity of your debating skills.

Thats the joy of the internet, though. We all can try to pretend to be
whatever we want.

If you'll excuse me I've got to go pick up my Congressional Medal
of Honor before heading down to Cape Canaveral for my moon walk
this evening.

Old June 29th 04, 05:17 PM
BB

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:01:05 GMT, Joz wrote:

I'm going to go ahead and step out on a limb and divine that you in fact
have no higher degree than a B.S. tops.

I'm going to go out on a limb and divine that I'm not the only one who's
putting you in my killfile. If you continue to bite on every hook that the
troll tosses to you, you might find someday (if you ever want to post
something actually bike-related) that no one is listening. Bye!

--
-BB-
To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)