What Music Do U All Listen To While You Ride?

Old April 28th 04, 07:49 PM
country_style17

Default What Music Do U All Listen To While You Ride?

LIKE SONG ? ARTIST?
sEaN

--
country_style17 - holms homie o ya
country_style17's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6357

Old April 28th 04, 08:06 PM
KlownLife

Hip-Hop is great 4 riding, fast paced is good 4 freestyling

--
KlownLife - The Bad Boy Of Uni

I'm Poetry In Motion, from start to finish
KlownLife's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5196

Old April 28th 04, 08:17 PM
Matt.P.Herbert

They Might Be Giants, Crash Test Dummies, and the Proclaimers are among
my favorites.

Matt

--
Matt.P.Herbert - Muni Hungry Newbie

Two wheels good, Four wheels bad,
One wheel wonderful.
Matt.P.Herbert's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5486

Old April 28th 04, 10:52 PM
tom_edmonds

im sure there is already a thread in just conversation somewhere.

--
tom_edmonds - Finally...less talking, more riding

"rest and elevation" we know its all we'll be told, so why do we still
go and wait in A&E all day?
tom_edmonds's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3992

Old April 29th 04, 12:10 AM
Robbie

Listen music on like... an mp3 player or discman? Or just sought of
listening to it in your head. I do the second one. And the songs are the
ones we're gonna have in our video.

--
Robbie - Spoons Taste Good

There is no spoon.
I ate it.
Robbie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5302

Old April 29th 04, 12:24 AM
hell-on-wheel

http://tinyurl.com/2u8uv

--
hell-on-wheel - My karma ran over your dogma

On the other hand, you have different fingers. - Steven Wright
hell-on-wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3425

Old April 29th 04, 01:15 AM
john_childs

I don't listen to music as I ride. Well, except for some times at
indoor freestyle practice there will be music playing, but not often.

Music during a trials session might be a possibility, but I've never
done it. Most of the places where I go for trials are not places where
I can play music on a boom box. Many skate parks and public parks don't
allow boom boxes. And I don't like the idea of doing trials wearing a
portable MP3 player and earbud headphones.

I can't even fathom the idea of listening to music during a muni ride.
The music would be a distraction.

I don't listen to music during Coker rides because music makes it so I
can't hear traffic (cars, bikes, joggers, hikers, kids, trucks, fire
truck sirens, etc.) and is not safe for road riding or even riding on a
separate bike path. Music distracts you from concentrating on your
riding. Music can also cause you to start pedaling in sync with the
beat of the music which often results in you slipping down to a cadence
that is slower than what you should be pedaling at.

I used to do a lot of road cycling (bicycling). I never felt the urge
to listen to music during any of those rides. For one is the safety
issue. You've GOT to be able to hear traffic. It's not safe otherwise.
I never got bored on any of my rides. If you're concentrating on your
riding and concentrating on going faster and always pushing then you're
not going to get bored. I also liked riding places with hills so
pushing to get up the hills as fast as possible and then going down the
hill as fast as possible kept the rides interesting. Every time I see a
road cyclist with headphones on I think "What an idiot". It's stupid
and should be illegal.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

Old April 29th 04, 02:06 AM
tennisgh22

chop suey!
weird al!
beatles!

w00t!

-grant

--
tennisgh22

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a
capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety
labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
tennisgh22's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5771

Old April 29th 04, 02:45 AM
Sofa

dope, disturbed, zebrahead, one minute silence

I like songs that have a fairly heavy beat...I don't need to understand
all the words, but I like to have an idea what they are singing about.

Either a heavy beat like dope, disturbed, early manson, techno kinda
beat like NIN, KMFDM, or catch upbeat stuff like Zebrahead, and One
Minute Silence.

Anything from a Bike movie seems to be alright, as well.

Has anyone heard of 'Grassy Knoll and the Magic Bullet'? They have some
pretty groovy stuff as well.

--
Sofa - you - pee - dee

'Mommy!!! He's on a..........thing!!!!!........Wheel!!!!!!!!!!'
- Some kid

'Unicycle Product Reviews' (http://tinyurl.com/368h6) *107* reviews on
*72* products

'London Unicycling Club Website ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/)
version 3.02

Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

Old April 29th 04, 02:51 AM
tennisgh22

has anyone ever heard of O.A.R.?

they graduated from my high school some years back, and apparently have
become famous.

-grant