Old woman

Old September 28th 07, 03:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
lardyninja

Default Old woman

I had an interesting experience on my way home last night. I was
approaching a red traffic light and was slowing down. An old woman was
crossing the road and she saw that I was not going to stop at the
first stop line. So she started waving her arms around in my path. I
stopped before the second stop line (in the ASL and a couple of metres
before reaching her). She then looked down at the bike pictogram,
realised her mistake, looked a bit sheepish and went on her way.

This made me think of several things. Firstly I guess she assumes that
cyclists jump red lights. Secondly she thinks that if I really wanted
to cross on red that the arms of a small 50 year old woman would stop
me. Thirdly I wondered if she does the same to motorists, cos that'd
be fun to watch.

LN

Old September 28th 07, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
mikef

lardyninja wrote:
...An old woman was crossing the road ...
...the arms of a small 50 year old woman...

50=old?
I'm depressed now ;-(

MikeF

Old September 28th 07, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
wafflycat

"mikef" wrote in message
ups.com...
lardyninja wrote:
...An old woman was crossing the road ...
...the arms of a small 50 year old woman...

50=old?
I'm depressed now ;-(

MikeF

Depressed? Nah. I'd just smack him one with my track pump for being so
cheeky ;-)

Old September 28th 07, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Barb

OK, so how old do you define as "old"? Over 35?

Barb (59 and certainly far from ga-ga!!!)

ups.com...

Old September 28th 07, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd[_2_]

On 28/09/2007 15:12, lardyninja said,

This made me think of several things. Firstly I guess she assumes that
cyclists jump red lights. Secondly she thinks that if I really wanted
to cross on red that the arms of a small 50 year old woman would stop
me.

Heck - 50 is my next decade, although there is a way to go, but I don't
even feel nearly old!

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old September 28th 07, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
wafflycat

"Paul Boyd" wrote in message
On 28/09/2007 15:12, lardyninja said,

This made me think of several things. Firstly I guess she assumes that
cyclists jump red lights. Secondly she thinks that if I really wanted
to cross on red that the arms of a small 50 year old woman would stop
me.

Heck - 50 is my next decade, although there is a way to go, but I don't
even feel nearly old!

I'm fifty next year. Due to all the weight I've lost, my other half reckons
he's got a brand new wife in her late twenties.

Yes, his eyesight is suspect, but he's lovely anyway :-)

Old September 28th 07, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jo

lardyninja wrote:

This made me think of several things. Firstly I guess she assumes that
cyclists jump red lights. Secondly she thinks that if I really wanted
to cross on red that the arms of a small 50 year old woman would stop
me. Thirdly I wondered if she does the same to motorists, cos that'd
be fun to watch.

LN

Old woman of 50?? I had better order my zimmer frame then!
Jo (50)
Old September 28th 07, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Adam Lea[_2_]

Yes, his eyesight is suspect,

Not necessarily Many of the women over 50 I see at the bridge clubs
I frequent look very attractive - more so than many women half their
age.

Old September 28th 07, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
p.k.[_2_]

wafflycat wrote:
"Paul Boyd" wrote in message
On 28/09/2007 15:12, lardyninja said,

I'm fifty next year. Due to all the weight I've lost,

I recall your quoting a staggeringly impressive number a good while ago,
what's the total loss now?

pk