why not a woman??

Old October 14th 07, 01:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default why not a woman??

all you guys are going on and on and on about this man named Merkyx (I
know who he is, one of my friends has his bike) to see if he is the
best but why do none of you mention the possibility that a woman
cyclist is best??? someone pointed out that the fame and the money
chance everything but the women don't get that do they? they have to
give those things up but presevere anyway. find the woman who wins
the most races and then you will find the BEST cyclist.

LYNDA

Old October 14th 07, 01:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Oct 14, 2:01 am, wrote:
all you guys are going on and on and on about this man named Merkyx (I
know who he is, one of my friends has his bike) to see if he is the
best but why do none of you mention the possibility that a woman
cyclist is best??? someone pointed out that the fame and the money
chance everything but the women don't get that do they? they have to
give those things up but presevere anyway. find the woman who wins
the most races and then you will find the BEST cyclist.

LYNDA

Because a woman will never be able to come back from testicular cancer
to win the Tour de France 7 times.

-ilan

Old October 14th 07, 05:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

so illan is that a man or a womans name? do you really think this is
just about having balls then is that it? well how does having balls
make someone a good cyclist or, a good person? Im not talking about
anatamy I'm talking about equalness and if we are trying to figure out
who is the best how can we do that if we only think about half of the
people? and, how is a woman ever going to win the tour de-france if
they don't even let her enter it? maybe you and everyone else in this
googlegroup should go back to talking about how hot the women's
cyclists are, its ridiculous.

LYNDA

Old October 14th 07, 05:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Oct 14, 2:01 am, wrote:
all you guys are going on and on and on about this man named Merkyx (I
know who he is, one of my friends has his bike) to see if he is the
best but why do none of you mention the possibility that a woman
cyclist is best??? someone pointed out that the fame and the money
chance everything but the women don't get that do they? they have to
give those things up but presevere anyway. find the woman who wins
the most races and then you will find the BEST cyclist.

LYNDA

Because a woman will never be able to come back from testicular cancer
to win the Tour de France 7 times.

-ilan

Coming back from Ovarian cancer and winning anything would be remarkable.

Old October 14th 07, 06:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Oct 14, 2:01 am, wrote:
all you guys are going on and on and on about this man named Merkyx (I
know who he is, one of my friends has his bike) to see if he is the
best but why do none of you mention the possibility that a woman
cyclist is best??? someone pointed out that the fame and the money
chance everything but the women don't get that do they? they have to
give those things up but presevere anyway. find the woman who wins
the most races and then you will find the BEST cyclist.

LYNDA

Because a woman will never be able to come back from testicular cancer
to win the Tour de France 7 times.

-ilan

What's Cynthia Compain up to lately?

GBMT

Old October 14th 07, 06:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

all you guys are going on and on and on about this man named Merkyx (I
know who he is, one of my friends has his bike) to see if he is the
best but why do none of you mention the possibility that a woman
cyclist is best??? someone pointed out that the fame and the money
chance everything but the women don't get that do they? they have to
give those things up but presevere anyway. find the woman who wins
the most races and then you will find the BEST cyclist.

LYNDA

Do you really mean to say that the woman cyclist who wins the most races is
the BEST cyclist overall, or that the cyclist, regardless of sex, who wins
the most races is the BEST cyclist? If you're restricting "BEST cyclist" to
being, by definition, a woman... that's at least as sexist as what you're
railing against.

For what it's worth, two women come to mind as likely having won a whole lot
of races. Beryl Burton and J. Longo. How many each has won, I have no idea,
and even if it is in the neighborhood, or even surpassing, that of Eddy
Merckx, I'm sure some will claim that there was much less competition in the
women's events.

Looking forward to your reply-

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old October 14th 07, 09:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

bikinglynda wrote:

all you guys are going on and on and on about this man named Merkyx (I
know who he is, one of my friends has his bike) to see if he is the
best

I don't suppose you're a gorilla in drag ?

Old October 14th 07, 12:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simon Brooke

in message .com,
(' ') wrote:

all you guys are going on and on and on about this man named Merkyx (I
know who he is, one of my friends has his bike) to see if he is the
best but why do none of you mention the possibility that a woman
cyclist is best??? someone pointed out that the fame and the money
chance everything but the women don't get that do they? they have to
give those things up but presevere anyway. find the woman who wins
the most races and then you will find the BEST cyclist.

Look, there isn't just one dimension of 'cyclist'. There isn't just one
sort of thing people do on bikes.

Are these girls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csFXnIpDTrE
the best cyclists ever? They can certainly do things with their bikes that
Eddie Merckx never could.

Or Rachel Atherton, ditto?

Or Jeannie Longo, who has what must be the longest career in world class
competitive racing of any cyclist ever, from winning the French national
championships in 1979 to coming 7th in the World Time Trial Championship
this year?

If your measure of cycling is road racing, then the best men can ride
faster for longer than the best women. That's just how we're made. If you
put a mixed peloton of male and female professional cyclists on any of the
classic courses, the first man would finish before the first woman.

Kind of so what? Is the best athlete the fastest ever, or the most
technically skilled ever, or the bravest ever, or the one who most fulfils
the potential of the genetics they were born with?

Das Internet is nicht fuer gefingerclicken und giffengrabben... Ist
nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das mausklicken sichtseeren
keepen das bandwit-spewin hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und
watchen das cursorblinken. -- quoted from the jargon file

Old October 14th 07, 05:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime

"Donald Munro" wrote in message
om...
bikinglynda wrote:

all you guys are going on and on and on about this man named Merkyx (I
know who he is, one of my friends has his bike) to see if he is the
best

I don't suppose you're a gorilla in drag ?

My first impression was it might be Lafferty doing a spin off from his
Mildred Newman, teacher at 4th grade dot com spoofs, or never doped. Sounds
like Never Doped.

Old woman lardyninja UK 19 September 30th 07 12:42 AM
What is good (for a woman)? [email protected] General 22 June 4th 06 02:55 PM
Vernon says I'm a bad woman wafflycat UK 32 August 13th 05 04:40 PM
Woman hit by bicycle Ken Marcet General 1 March 1st 05 02:13 AM
What a courageous woman. Simon Mason UK 3 May 19th 04 09:42 PM