"Live at 205" news feature (6mb)

Old May 18th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default "Live at 205" news feature (6mb)

This is from a couple of months ago, and it was shot by a local High
school for their "Live at 205" news program, which plays locally on
cable TV. They had seen the newspaper acticle and wanted to produce a
piece for their school, so I agreed. They had promised to send me a dvd
of the show, which I never received, so my only option was to video
tape it right off their website; the file could not be saved to my hard
drive for some reason, and so what you'll see is a bit "shaky" and the
resolution isn't that great, but overall it's ok. I did have to edit a
few parts (because I accidentally bumped the camcorder, and I was too
lazy to re-record it!), but the continuity is still there. They asked
me to do a "thumbs up" to their cameraman (actually a girl!) at the end
of the segment, and me being the good sport, I obliged them even though
it looks pretty lame! Whatever, it was still fun! (Even though I
didn't "do" much in the way of tricks.) It's a little over 2 min. long
and under 7 mb.

*Here's the link:* http://tinyurl.com/rrmag

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through.

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"!
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

Old May 18th 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

that was really cool!

Congratulation on your big break.

Alex

--
dye3

I insist you add me

I need cranks...help me out
dye3's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12012

Old May 18th 06, 03:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

dye3 wrote:
that was really cool!

Congratulation on your big break.

Alex

You're too young to remember the original Saturday Night Live show from
the mid-late 70's, but they were called the "Not ready for primetime
players". Well, that would describe ME as far as my riding skills!
While I can do the small-town news stuff, I'm not ready for "Real"
TV...yet!

Old May 18th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I meant to ask something. To those who may be more internet/computer
savvy than me, is there a way to "save" a "quicktime" or other video
type of file to your winxp hard drive when no apparent option such as
"save link as" can be found either on right-click or under "file"or
whatever? My guess is, there -is- a way to do it, but I couldn't figure
it out.

Old May 18th 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

"A new Sporting *Fad* ??? Its not a fad! Unicycling is here to stay.

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF

koebwil wrote:
I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

Old May 18th 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

terrybigwheel wrote:
I meant to ask something. To those who may be more internet/computer
savvy than me, is there a way to "save" a "quicktime" or other video
type of file to your winxp hard drive when no apparent option such as
"save link as" can be found either on right-click or under "file"or
whatever? My guess is, there -is- a way to do it, but I couldn't figure
it out.

Ofcourse, if you give me the link, I can probably rip it right out.

--
Erant

*"There is power in your wall sockets, too, but I don't recommend that
you plug yourself in to learn a 540 unispin."* - Harper
Erant's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9986

Old May 18th 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

terrybigwheel wrote:
is there a way to "save" a "quicktime" or other video type of file to
your winxp hard drive when no apparent option such as "save link as"
can be found either on right-click or under "file"or whatever? My guess
is, there is a way to do it, but I couldn't figure it out.

Most of the time it is do-able.

Often you can view the HTML source and, if you can fight your way
through it, you may discover some kind of link within the embed tags.
Finding out how to put that link onto the correct http:// path is a bit
tricky.

But some begin with mms:// or rtsp:// and you may be out of luck on a
windows system. That's when I get out MPlayer on my Linux box and take
things from there, is that link the actual video? Or is a playlist
giving another URL?

It's very technical!

If you want a saved copy, please send me the link to the web page
holding this video and I'll have a poke around. I'm able to save most
stuff, except if it's Flashvideo...

--
gkmac

"It's a marvellous thing to see, someone in full flight on the
unicycle." - Stuart Maconie, Radio 2
"Oh no! Both my toes have gone numb!" - Joe Hodges
"You also met me gk! I was the one eating the sandwich!" - Adam Gayne
gkmac's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4577

Old May 18th 06, 09:57 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

trials_uni wrote:
"A new Sporting *Fad* ??? Its not a fad! Unicycling is here to stay.

You're right there! That's the"media" for ya; leave it to them to
mis-quote, mislead, distort and flat-out get it wrong on a regular
basis! Just spell my name right!