"Lost a wheel" is seriously funny

Old June 5th 07, 11:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Klaas Bil

Default "Lost a wheel" is seriously funny

It's remarkable how people all around the world joke that we've lost a
wheel, and think they're funny. Or do they?

Today someone remarked "that's an unusual bike". I replied, "yeah, I've
lost a wheel."

The guy burst out in laughter as if it was the best joke he'd ever
heard.

I conclude that the "lost a wheel" remarks must be seriously funny if
you hear (or use) them for the first time. Unfortunately, I can't
remember my first hearing it...

Klaas Bil

--
Klaas Bil
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 6th 07, 12:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
lsd

I think it is like when I worked in a shop and, when I held money up to
the light to check it was genuine, people would say "It's good, I only
printed it this morning".

People think they are funny because they don't hear it very often but
don't realise how often you hear it.

I had a strange one the other day, someone called out "A bike has two
wheels". But that wasn't a joke, that was a statement of fact.

--
lsd

Lucas raped me

www.myspace.com/unicyclingfreak
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 6th 07, 12:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ThisGuyIKnow

As much as I hate the idea, on a ride recently one guy at least good
timing. He shouted, "You lost something?" I looked back just to be sure
something didn't fall out of my camelbak or whatever. "Your Other
Wheel" He shouted. Still annoying, but at least presented the joke well
with good comedic timing.

--
ThisGuyIKnow
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 6th 07, 12:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

Careful! You may have just found 'The Funniest Joke in the World'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fun..._in_the_World). See the
'Monty Python sketch' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IysnS5wO60g) for
applicable warnings about the dangers of such a joke.

Fortunately as unicyclists we are immune and do not find the joke at
all funny. But the rest of the world is at great risk. Should we
choose to use the joke for evil the results would be devastating.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/2blym3)
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 6th 07, 09:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicorn

I live in Israel and everyone I mean everyone always asks "where is the
other wheel?" or comments on that "I have lost a wheel" or asks me "are
you in a circus?" or "Wh are you riding half a bike?" (All statements
are in Hebrew of course.) I guess that The average persons association
with Unicycles are the same world wide and accross cultures and
languages. I guess it just goes to show how similiar people are.

Unicorn

--
Unicorn

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will
accomplish great feats!
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 6th 07, 09:38 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jmando

People ask me the same thing in Czech all the time as well. Jokesters
just can't pass up the opportunity we present for an easy zinger...and
it looks like it occurs in many languages.

--
jmando

Starving in the belly, starving in the belly, starving in the belly of a
whale
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 6th 07, 10:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tobbogonist

john_childs wrote:
Careful! You may have just found 'The Funniest Joke in the World'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fun..._in_the_World). See the
'Monty Python sketch' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IysnS5wO60g) for
applicable warnings about the dangers of such a joke.

Fortunately as unicyclists we are immune and do not find the joke at
all funny. But the rest of the world is at great risk. Should we
choose to use the joke for evil the results would be devastating.

And now here is the joke, tested on a soldier, from a range of 80
Yards.

Frightening!

--
tobbogonist

Technology Savvy. David Willy.
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 9th 07, 03:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

OKay, we've all heard ridiculous statements while riding. Can anyone
tell me what are some good comebacks??

A girl asked if I was joining the circus while I was practicing wheel
walking (I just started to learn). "No" was my reply, only because I
wasn't thinking about anything at the moment.

A security guard told me I couldn't ride in a shopping center I was in.
She said "You can't do that here". I should have said "OH, but I
am!"

So does anyone know a good thread or webpage dedicated to "comebacks"??

--
joejumps4fun

~*Joey*
Clipless on a BC is asking for trouble.
Check out my videos and more at www.geocities.com/jneigh4
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 9th 07, 04:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

Nevermind, I found some!

Old June 9th 07, 09:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicaw89

joejumps4fun wrote:
OKay, we've all heard ridiculous statements while riding. Can anyone
tell me what are some good comebacks??

A girl asked if I was joining the circus while I was practicing wheel
walking (I just started to learn). "No" was my reply, only because I
wasn't thinking about anything at the moment.

A security guard told me I couldn't ride in a shopping center I was in.
She said "You can't do that here". I should have said "OH, but I
am!"

So does anyone know a good thread or webpage dedicated to "comebacks"??

The best I found if to ride with a friend so you have to
wheels...Pedestrian: "Wheres the other wheel". Rider: "Well we
couldn't afford 2 bikes so we decided to just share this one..Good Idea
huh?"

Or my usual "Well I did a big jump further up the trail causing my bike
to break in half, and now I have to ride this half home, and let me
tell you its a CHALLENGE!"

Or an original...Pedestrian, "Hay your missing a wheel(inster creepy
laugh here)!". Rider: *looks down to realize he is right and promptly
falls over*, "Hay I was doin fine til you had to point it out!"

Edit: Ohh and when its someone your age that asks the Circus
joke...."Man clowns are pussies this is extreme unicycling!"

--
Unicaw89

CODY [/b]FREAKING[b] WILLIAMS
'PAINFUL UNI VID!!! -----its a vid, click it '
(http://tinyurl.com/yundmf)
'RenegadeJuggling.com ' (renegadejuggling.com)'Koxx-one.com'
(koxx-one.com)

Spencer Hochberg wrote:
If the sun came out at night id be nocturnal....

http://www.usenet.com