"Coker-Cam" ready to roll!

Old September 13th 07, 05:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Default "Coker-Cam" ready to roll!

j5isalive wrote:
heres a question about your job...

Are there a lot of pianos to be tuned? Like enough to keep you busy
all week? It seems like such a specialized profession that if there is
any competition in the area work will be slow.... And from what i can
tell simply by your uni collection, you live a pretty decent lifestyle.

I'm just interested cause its not often you meet someone who is a Piano
Tuner...

Forgive me for being intrigued by your profession.

Hey np I appreciate your question. I have a database of more than 2,000
clients, adding new ones all the time from various sources, like YP ad,
referrals, and just word of mouth. I love my customers and truly love
my work.

It's challenging but always different from day to day. There are more
piano owners today then ever before in the 300 year history of the
piano! This is simply because the poulation has grown to 6 billion plus
today, from a _far_ smaller number just 100 years ago, at which point
the piano had still been around for 200 years!

For example, the Yamaha corp. produces about 200,000 NEW pianos every
year! that's just ONE maker. There are relatively few piano tuners to
tune and service the many millions of pianos in the US alone, so there
are well more than enough for ALL of us to have a very successful,
lucrative career in this great and specialized field.

The summer can be a tad slow for *new* people calling, but that's what
my database is for! I simply call past customer's who are due for
tuning! As you may have gathered, i love talking about pianos, and
thats part of my success I think; My customers appreciate my attention
to detail and work ethic. I treat their pianos with repsect and they
like the results.

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 13th 07, 06:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian MacKenzie

that looks like a pretty cool set up, while it would be probably crappy
at highspeeds, slow shots would work greatly for some very cool slow
shots

edit: however, if he was riding with no hands and carrying a tripod, he
would have much greater success filming you, (meaning i'm sure your
video is going to be filled with sideways jerky movements as he starts
to lose you and corrects his bike position, etc...) and the shots would
be 1000's of times smoother with a much wider range of shots

--
Brian MacKenzie

'Ride The Lobster: 90 min documentary'
(http://www.balanceproductions.ca)
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 13th 07, 06:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Joe2005

You should make a gyroscopic camera mount. Self leveling self shock
absorbing the only problem is building it.

--
Joe2005

nobody knows what happened to that boy after that.-Nutcracker

i know. he was kidnapped by aliens, learnt their ways, stole the
biggest ship he could, travelled back in time by mistake and crashed
the plane on the earth surface. he was the one who killed the
dinosaurs. -ivan
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 13th 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chexjc

Some newer cameras have an "Auto-steady" feature in them that may
prevent the vibrations from screwing up the picture.

--
Chexjc

www.myspace.com/thelostguitarist
AIM: Guitardude88
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=JasonCheckla

Brian O. wrote:

brendan wrote:

when i flex both arms one looks puny next to the other. Mind you it was
that way after years of badminton...

And maybe playing a little too much with the shuttlecock as well?
Hmm?

http://www.usenet.com
Old September 13th 07, 08:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

We'll do some test runs to see how it looks at different speeds. I
wanted him to be able to concentrate on riding and keeping up as I go
faster, without having to hold the cam in his hand, risking dropping it
or crashing! If it sucks, I won't make the video, but I'm predicting
that I will end up with some decent footage.

Old September 13th 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

MuniAddict wrote:
that bike has a very nice front shock system so that will help dampen
thing as bit

That front shock system isn't going to dampen out the tiny little bumps
that'll make your video look shaky... you'll have better results if you
deflate his tires a bit, though.

Joe2005 wrote:
You should make a gyroscopic camera mount. Self leveling self shock
absorbing the only problem is building it.

A gyroscope does not auto-level nor does it absorb shock. The utility
of a gyroscope in this case would be to maintain the orientation of the
camera.

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 13th 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

maestro8 wrote:
That front shock system isn't going to dampen out the tiny little bumps
that'll make your video look shaky... you'll have better results if you
deflate his tires a bit, though.

Yes, definitely lower tire pressure will help reduce shock. This should
at least make for an interesting experiment. I sure hope things worl
out 'cause I have a couple funny bits that tie in.

Old September 13th 07, 11:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomblackwood

Post something dang it! Let's cut the chatter and see some results.

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 13th 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Sam B

that is really cool aye.

--
Sam B
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 13th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian MacKenzie

i can't wait to see you 'post' a video