Bike tunes & songs

Old February 16th 21, 09:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark cleary

Default Bike tunes & songs

On Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 2:31:55 PM UTC-6, Ralph Barone wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 2/16/2021 2:10 AM, Ralph Barone wrote:

And one for the motorized bicycle crowd, The Fabulous Poodles - Bike Blood
https://youtu.be/uc5mSg2rEiI

That's a minor thread hijack ;-) But if we're going to accept
motors, this song's a classic: "1952 Vincent Black Lightning" by Richard
Thompson.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0kJdrfzjAg

It's been covered by Del McCoury and probably many others.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7uyG6RrBDE

It was motorcycle based, but I included it because of the common theme of
being taken out by an inattentive motorist.

Being the jazz guitarist of the group I suggest put on Spain in honor of the late Chick Corea. The tunes changes a lot and good for intervals slow then double time.
Deacon Mark
Old February 16th 21, 10:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
News 2021

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 19:49:25 -0500, Frank Krygowski scribed:

Speaking of musical things:

I know musical taste is a tremendously individual thing. It's probably
more contentious than helmets or chain lubes.

But this song was just played on our kitchen stereo. It's by Matt
Heaton, an avid cyclist and a very skilled guitarist. It's a sweet tale
of developing and passing on a love of cycling: "Giant of the Road."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg1etMKF3zY

I can't think of too many other bike-related pieces of music. There's
Queen's "Bicycle Race" ; there's Luka Bloom's "The Acoustic Motorbike"

And here's an energetic and poetic description of a bicycle tour (and
much else) by Alex Bevan: "Orion Dancing on the Roof."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3QKydE9K34

Any other bike-related tunes or songs you like?

since all the unrelated crap is being attached.
I might as well throw in The Goodies opening theme song, where they are
riding a three seater bicycle.

Old February 16th 21, 10:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 13:05:09 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 2/16/2021 2:10 AM, Ralph Barone wrote:

And one for the motorized bicycle crowd, The Fabulous Poodles - Bike Blood
https://youtu.be/uc5mSg2rEiI

That's a minor thread hijack ;-) But if we're going to accept
motors, this song's a classic: "1952 Vincent Black Lightning" by Richard
Thompson.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0kJdrfzjAg

It's been covered by Del McCoury and probably many others.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7uyG6RrBDE

Or maybe the "Original Bicycle song" from nearly 130 years ago?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kd-xg2VZnk
or as sung by our English cousins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl0ldpTlQkY
(which seems a more likely story :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old February 16th 21, 11:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

wrote:

On 2/16/2021 2:10 AM, Ralph Barone wrote:

And one for the motorized bicycle crowd, The Fabulous Poodles - Bike Blood
https://youtu.be/uc5mSg2rEiI

That's a minor thread hijack ;-) But if we're going to accept
motors, this song's a classic: "1952 Vincent Black Lightning" by Richard
Thompson.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0kJdrfzjAg

It's been covered by Del McCoury and probably many others.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7uyG6RrBDE

Or maybe the "Original Bicycle song" from nearly 130 years ago?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kd-xg2VZnk
or as sung by our English cousins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl0ldpTlQkY
(which seems a more likely story :-)

Amazingly, I don't remember ever hearing the verses to that song!

One of the last lines in the third verse is interesting: "I will permit
you to use the brake." Our tandem has an open cable running to the rear
brake. I've been careful to never explain to my wife that she could
apply the rear brake by simply pulling upward on that cable. ;-)

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old February 17th 21, 01:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

But Frank, from all the pictures the traditional bike for two had the
lady in the front :-) Perhaps that is where the adage "Ladies First"
originated :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old February 17th 21, 02:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

wrote:

[...]

;-)

I suspect the bicycle meant for Daisy was a "sociable" tandem, ie side by side.

driving songs? nah, unicycling songs! cheesedonkey888 Unicycling 6 May 18th 08 06:52 AM
Training Tunes Raptor Racing 154 December 6th 04 11:04 AM
Tyler Tunes. crit pro Racing 34 November 20th 04 04:03 AM
Tyler Tunes. crit pro Racing 0 November 18th 04 12:01 AM
Tunes Corvus Corvax Mountain Biking 21 August 14th 03 02:37 PM