Is Ricco still in jail?

Old July 30th 08, 02:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Is Ricco still in jail?

On Jul 29, 2:31*pm, Hell And High Water
wrote:
hope so

-Bianchi Bob

Hey Bob-- just a quick rhetorical question: What have you ever done
that you could, if all were known to the proper and otherwise
authorities, that you could be put away for?

Ricco took a big, big first step much earlier than some accused:

(From Yahoo Sports News):

(quoting):
ROME, July 30 (Reuters) - Italian cyclist Riccardo Ricco admitted on
Wednesday that he took the blood-booster EPO before this month’s Tour
de France.

Ricco, who tested positive in a doping control after the fourth stage
of the three-week race, now could face a two-year ban after appearing
before the Italian Olympic Committee’s anti-doping prosecutor.

“In front of the anti-doping prosecutor I have taken responsibility,”
he told reporters.

“Before the Tour I made a mistake. I took a substance you all know
about. It was solely my error.”

Ricco was kicked out of the race when the results of the test were
revealed and his Saunier-Duval team left the Tour.

The French Anti-Doping Agency (AFLD) later said Ricco had tried to
avoid the doping test. (Writing by Mark Meadows in Milan; Editing by
Sonia Oxley)
(end quote)

"Go confess your sins and accept your punishment" is all I can say.

Except for "lead us not into temptation", of course. --D-y

Is Ricco still in jail? Howard Kveck Racing 16 July 31st 08 09:04 PM
Is Ricco still in jail? Nobody Racing 4 July 30th 08 07:30 AM
Is Ricco still in jail? [email protected] Racing 0 July 30th 08 07:19 AM
Is Ricco still in jail? Frank Drackman Racing 0 July 30th 08 05:14 AM
Is Ricco still in jail? Howard Kveck Racing 0 July 30th 08 03:12 AM