Yet another RLJ goes to jail

Old September 17th 15, 09:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Default Yet another RLJ goes to jail

QUOTE:
"A MAN who led police on a 100mph chase just 15 days after being disqualified has been jailed for 10 months.

Kieran Rawlings crashed the VW Golf he was driving into a wall and then told his arresting officers: "If I hadn't crashed I would have smoked you."

Bristol Crown Court heard the 20-year-old and his three passengers were pursued in the early hours after the Golf was seen to jump a red traffic light."

http://www.northdevonjournal.co.uk/D...ail/story.html
Old September 17th 15, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Lang

Default The facts for Simonerd.

In the 12 months ending of September 2014 - 524,877 people were
summonsed or charged with a motoring offence, with 85% of these people
being convicted (people found guilty or pleading guilty) of motoring
offences.

So that's 446,145 convictions. That's 1.35% of motorists breaking the
law. Only slightly higher than the number of passenger journeys by push
bike.

Bearing in mind we have ANPR cameras, more speeding cameras than
anywhere else, traffic light cameras, bus lane cameras etc, etc the
chances of an errant motorist being apprehended are extremely high = but
only 1.35% do so.

Anyone like to guess what percentage of cyclist break the law on a
regular basis and get away scott free?
Old September 17th 15, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

"David Lang" wrote in message
In the 12 months ending of September 2014 - 524,877 people were summonsed
or charged with a motoring offence, with 85% of these people being
convicted (people found guilty or pleading guilty) of motoring offences.

So that's 446,145 convictions. That's 1.35% of motorists breaking the law.
Only slightly higher than the number of passenger journeys by push bike.

Bearing in mind we have ANPR cameras, more speeding cameras than anywhere
else, traffic light cameras, bus lane cameras etc, etc the chances of an
errant motorist being apprehended are extremely high = but only 1.35% do
so.

Anyone like to guess what percentage of cyclist break the law on a regular
basis and get away scott free?

To be fair:- 100%

Is Ricco still in jail? Howard Kveck Racing 16 July 31st 08 09:04 PM
Is Ricco still in jail? [email protected] Racing 0 July 30th 08 02:45 PM
Is Ricco still in jail? Nobody Racing 4 July 30th 08 07:30 AM
Is Ricco still in jail? Howard Kveck Racing 0 July 30th 08 03:12 AM
Four years jail... TOG@Toil UK 289 March 10th 08 11:10 AM