Ride Suggestions, Cambria, CA

Old January 29th 07, 07:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
spedge

Default Ride Suggestions, Cambria, CA

Can anyone suggest some good rode-bike dayrides in and around Cambria?
I'll be visiting from Washinington State in May and would like to get
some local insight.

We usual enjoy rides anywhere from 20 - 50 miles. Hills not a problem.

Any locals down there care to make some suggestions? I'd be happy to
do the same for anyone that is interested in visiting up here this
year.

Thanks,

MarkoT

Old January 29th 07, 08:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Kirby

Marko,

Well I can't claim to be a local - but one ride I enjoyed is on-line
at http://www.lkjh.org/bike/california/...osa/index.html if
you follow the links near the bottom of the web page you can load maps
in Google Maps or Google Earth.

Enjoy your trip

Kirby
Devon, UK

Old January 29th 07, 08:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

I'm not local but I have gone to SLO to do brevets. This website has
the route slips.
http://cccbrevets.com/events.htm

You can pick out sections of these routes to ride. The sections north
from Paso Robles are low traffic. Closer to the coast (and Cambria)
is Old Creek Rd, Hiway 46, Santa Rosa Creek Rd (hills!).

You can also contact SLO bicycling club. (http://www.slobc.org/
Home.html). They are well organized and have a ride almost every day
of the year.

Hope this helps,
Tom

Old January 29th 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
spedge

This is exactly what we were looking for. The website has some great
rides - thanks for your help!

athttp://www.lkjh.org/bike/california/slo/santa_rosa/index.htmlif

On Jan 29, 7:58 pm, "spedge" wrote:

Can anyone suggest some good rode-bikedayrides in and aroundCambria?
I'll be visiting from Washinington State in May and would like to get
some local insight.

We usual enjoy rides anywhere from 20 - 50 miles. Hills not a problem.

Any locals down there care to make some suggestions? I'd be happy to
do the same for anyone that is interested in visiting up here this
year.

Thanks,

MarkoT- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Old January 29th 07, 11:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
spedge

Thanks for your help! I'll check it out. Looks like there are a lot of
great rides in the area. Wish I had more than a week.

Thanks

MarkoT

Old February 4th 07, 06:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
John Michaels

"spedge" wrote in message
ups.com...
Can anyone suggest some good rode-bike dayrides in and around Cambria?
I'll be visiting from Washinington State in May and would like to get
some local insight.

We usual enjoy rides anywhere from 20 - 50 miles. Hills not a problem.

Any locals down there care to make some suggestions? I'd be happy to
do the same for anyone that is interested in visiting up here this
year.

Thanks,

MarkoT

Check in ba.bicycles. There is an SLO brevets series that has route sheets
for what they do in the area. I have ridden the Central Coast Double and it
is my only time through the area. The area was fairly flat and flat as far
as the coast. Challenge was the hills. You have Rugged Pt and Santa Rosa
Rd. I didn't go south and west is a bit wet. If you are adventurous,
going north on Hwy 1 will take you to the Big Sur area. Some great scenery.
It is a bit out of the range of you posted. Besides SLO bike club, check
with the bike shops in Paso Robles. I am sure they go out there all of the
time.