Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale

Old June 1st 04, 04:53 AM
Marilyn Price

Default Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale

TRIPS FOR KIDS 13TH ANNUAL BENEFIT BIKE SWAP AND SALE SCHEDULED JUNE 26

Want to participate in a bike swap that will benefit not just yourself
but 3,000 inner city kids around the country? Here’s your chance!!
Northern California’s largest Bike Swap and Sale to benefit Trips for
Kids will be Saturday June 26 at Sports Basement in the Presidio of San
Francisco. Swap hours are 10 a.m. – 4. Admission is $5 – children 15 and
under free with adult. Further information on the Swap, directions,
vendors’ spaces, and Trips for Kids follows. Or you can check out our
web site at http://www.tripsforkids.org

SWAP FEATURES:
The Swap attracts thousands of cyclists and hundreds of vendors each
year and features a huge selection of bikes, bike equipment and clothing
– all at Flea Market prices. There are both vendor’s tables and a
special swapper’s area for those who have 15 items or fewer to sell.
This year’s grand raffle features a Gary Fisher Marlin Mountain Bike.
Plenty of good food and drink also is available. The host, Sports
Basement, is also a major vendor. Their store is chalk full of deals on
outdoor and sports apparel/gear (cycling plus lots more). In addition to
offering Trips for Kids free space, they will donate 15% of TFK attendee
sales to the cause!!

[...]

VENDOR INFORMATION:
There will be plenty of space for vendors. Check in time is 7:30am on
both days. Be sure to bring your own table and chair. Check our website
for more info http://www.tripsforkids.org

A Swappers’ area will also be available for smaller sellers (no advanced
reservations taken). If you wish to sell up to 15 items plus up to 4
bikes, you may tend your items for sale in a common area with other
“swappers”. Every swapper must register upon arrival. The daily
registration fee for the swappers area is $25 (plus an additional $10
per bike; up to 4 bikes max; total registration for 4 bikes and 15 items
would be $65). We will also collect 15% of sales (10% of bike sales) at
check out. Sales in the Swappers’ area will be monitored by a Trips for
Kids representative. No advance contract necessary for this category of
"seller". Check in time for this area is 8:30am

If you wish to consign bikes to Trips For Kids to sell for you the fee
is $10 per bike and 20% of the selling price. This fee covers both days
at the swap but you must pick up your bike(s) at the end of each day.
Bring your bike(s) in early on swap day (8:30am). No advance call or
contract is necessary.

The space rental fee DOES NOT include any other supplies or parking. You
must supply your own tables, chairs and display fixtures.

WE CAN USE VOLUNTEERS & DONATIONS!
Trips for Kids welcomes your volunteer help and donations. During the
Swap, we need many volunteers to keep the Swap rolling. Year round we
need volunteers to help on our rides, or in our after school programs
teaching bike repair, environmental education, computer skills and
homework tutoring. Other ways to contribute are through financial
donations or donations of your used bikes, bike equipment and clothing,
which we sell in our Re-Cyclery BikeThrift Shop at 610 Fourth Street.
For further information, call 415/458-2986.
[...]

DIRECTIONS:
From the North Bay:
Hwy 101 South toward S.F. (Across the Golden Gate Bridge). Exit Lombard
St. From the right lane, take a sharp right onto Gorgas Ave. Stay left
on Gorgas. Right onto Halleck. Follow Halleck to Mason St. Left onto
Mason. Sports Basement's Presidio store is on Mason St., approximately
500 yards past the Crissy Field center on the left.

From the South Bay:
Hwy 101 North to Highway 80 East (towards Bay Bridge). Exit 7th St.
Left onto 7th St. Left onto McAllister St. Right onto Franklin St.
Left onto Lombard St. Stay in far left lane (Lombard Street veers to the
left) and enter the Presidio through the Lombard Gate. Right onto
Letterman Dr. Right onto Lincoln Blvd. Right onto Halleck. At the
bottom of the hill turn left onto Mason Street. Sports Basement's
Presidio store is on Mason St., approximately 500 yards past the Crissy
Field center on the left.

From the East Bay (Bay Bridge):
West across the Bay Bridge (Hwy. 80). Exit Harrison St. Right onto
Harrison St. Left onto The Embarcadero. Left onto Bay St. Right onto
Laguna. Laguna turns into Marina Blvd. From Marina Blvd: Drive along
Marina Blvd (west toward Golden Gate Bridge) to the stop sign at the
Marina Gate. Stay in the right lane, cross the intersection where
Marina Blvd. turns into Mason Street. (Note: Unless you want to see our
store from the Golden Gate Bridge, the left lane turns into Hwy 101 and
will lead you over the Golden Gate Bridge). Sports Basement's Presidio
store is on Mason St., approximately 500 yards past the Crissy Field
center on the left.

The following MUNI routes provide service inside the Presidio: 29
Sunset, 43 Masonic, 82X Levi Plaza/CalTrain Express

--
Trips for Kids
http://www.tripsforkids.org