an nice day -- in an "annus horribilis"

Old September 21st 08, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Trevor A Panther[_2_]

Default an nice day -- in an "annus horribilis"

I must say that this mornings ride was one of the most pleasant "local"runs
that I have enjoyed for some time.

I was up at 5:30 and on the road by 6:00 am. Cool and clear as forecast and in
the next 35 miles I enjoyed the early morning freshness on a main road ( empty
of traffic). The dawn was beautiful and I shed my jacket as the temperature
rose and I got back home well before 10 am.

It was a very nice day which just sort of hit that "pleasure centre" after a
damp, unsatisfying year.

It was just so much more enjoyable because I had looked at the weather
forecast late last night and then set my alarm early. Just an ordinary day
but being so early -- and on a Sunday morning -- I was totally on my own for
the first hour and when I went off road and on to a good track for the last 10
miles I was also totally alone.

Like I said --- a nice morning!

Then up to my aged dad ( 101) to do his Sunday roast and a long afternoon soak
in a hot bath.

Got to be a good day!

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,

Old September 21st 08, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian G

Trevor A Panther wrote:
[...]

Excellent! My group's monthly ride today was from Perth over to Crieff.
It was Doors Open Day, so we visited the keep at Drummond Castle which
is normally closed to the public. Very interesting to see round it and
of course the formal gardens of the castle are renowned and are always a
pleasure to visit.

A fine, sunny, quite warm day with no great winds, a good plate of soup
for lunch and good company. Also excellent!

--
Brian G
www.wetwo.co.uk