Hey Joerg Where you Been?

Old January 28th 19, 10:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Hey Joerg Where you Been?

On Monday, January 28, 2019 at 12:48:33 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Sunday, January 27, 2019 at 2:53:02 PM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
On Sunday, January 27, 2019 at 1:00:36 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On 2019-01-26 10:37, AMuzi wrote:
On 1/26/2019 11:32 AM, jbeattie wrote:
On Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 8:01:45 AM UTC-8, Joerg
wrote:
[...]

Where have I been? Many times on the bike. Yesterday on
my mountain bike
all day long. Hope that's ok with you guys :-)

Awesome! How's the weather?

Absolutely gorgeous day yesterday. Around 60F, sunshine all
day. Out of pure coincidence we happened upon the Red Bus
brew pub for fuel (Pilsener in my case but they have higher
octane stuff) where I could also buy brewing supplies. This
is one of the many reasons why my MTB has panniers plus a

https://behindthebrewscom.files.word...458.jpg?w=1200

Just another day of Global Warming he
https://www.channel3000.com/weather/...izon/990278578

Broke the record of -21F? I am quite tolerant when it comes
to cold weather but there I would not ride. I rode at
slightly below 0F but that's my limit.

It's warmer in Minneapolis and also at McMurdo.

But its summer at McMurdo. Warm breezes. Palm trees swaying in the wind. I had a great ride in dry 37F over cast with some fog in places. I was wearing my winter tights (thick and a little fleecy), a wool base layer to pay homage to my retro brothers, a Castelli winter weight slightly fleecy jersey and a vest. Wind covers for the shoes and probably too light long finger gloves. I had an earband, too. I got a little hot on the climbs and unzipped the vest, but it was otherwise perfect. Dressing right is a trick, and when you get it right . . . its the little things.

-- Jay Beattie.

I bought a couple of those Chinese knock-off Thermal Jerseys and they work better than the Catelli's I had They were only $25 apiece and they one was delivered in a week. The zippers are kind of cheesy plastic stuff but just be careful with them and they work fine.

What do you mean they "work better" than Castelli? The deal with any garment is that it has a thermal range, and you buy for that range. The Castelli works in a particular temperature range -- and works well with a base layer to transfer moisture. The tailoring is good, and so is the zipper. It's a quality product.

Castelli USA is in Portland, and I got my winter jersey off a sale table at the warehouse sale for dirt cheap, although not Chinese knock-off cheap. And those knock-offs always miss the mark for me. Bad zippers, poor stitching, weird colors and/or fit -- something is off. I've never gotten knock-off cycling apparel that was "just like" the name-brand stuff -- and if it is the name-brand stuff sold out of the backdoor of the factory, I don't want to support theft.

-- Jay Beattie.

Castelli tailors everything like you're a 25 year old pro. They're too tight in the gut and if it has a plastic zipper it will break open and it'[s hell trying to get everything together again.

Size up! Plus you're skinny enough to pull off race fit.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old January 28th 19, 11:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On 2019-01-26 15:59, news18 wrote:

Bit of a rolls-cunhardly too?

No idea what you mean.

Rolls down hills, but can hardly get up them.

Oh, I get up there, it's just no fun for me. I'll never understand how
some cyclists like climbs.

The view from the top!.

And what goes up, must come down, hopefully.

Old January 29th 19, 01:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

climbing is nice because no one is talking.

My bike speaker is, usually Reggae which works best for me on climbs. I
also have choo-choo train sounds on there. "I think I can .. I think I
can .."

On 2019-01-26 10:37, AMuzi wrote:
On 1/26/2019 11:32 AM, jbeattie wrote:
On Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 8:01:45 AM UTC-8, Joerg
wrote:
[...]

[...]

If you size up the clothing is really loose and a loose jacket isn't really a thermal jacket is it? Trying for figure European, Asian and American sized can give you ulcers.