How often do you get close to touching your "max"?

Old June 30th 04, 04:02 PM
Denver C. Fox

Default How often do you get close to touching your "max"?

Perhaps not, I didn't mean it as a cheap shot, just that if even an expert on
exercise and heart conditioning can get blind-sided like this then perhaps
there are no certainties.

You said it better than I, with the exception of death and taxes!

http://members.aol.com/foxcondorsrvtns
(Colorado rental condo)

http://members.aol.com/dnvrfox
(Family Web Page)

Old June 30th 04, 04:47 PM
S o r n i

Max wrote:
tap tap cough

every day

.max
tip your waitress, try the chicken.

I already tried it.

Got the same blank stares as you.

Bill "tough crowd" S.

Old June 30th 04, 05:05 PM
David Reuteler

S o r n i wrote:
Max wrote:
tap tap cough

every day

.max
tip your waitress, try the chicken.

I already tried it.

Got the same blank stares as you.

Bill "tough crowd" S.

christ bill, i'm in a meeting. chai tea everywhere. explaining to do.
--
david reuteler

Old July 2nd 04, 07:53 AM
Preston Crawford

On 2004-06-28, Paul Southworth wrote:
What do you mean by "crappy"? It seems unlikely that you were
doing anything dangerous if you are a reasonably healthy person.

Well, I'm out of shape right now, for me. So I just felt light-headed,
like I was pushing myself a little too hard.

My own observed max over the last year was 193, and I regularly
ride up into the 180s without ill effect but probably don't hit that
max number very often. If endurance riding is the goal then
doing a lot of work at the max is not really necessary anyway.

So you reaching 181 doesn't sound crazy to me although it might
make your lungs hurt.

Okay. Yeah, I don't try to get that high. It just happened. I feel better
about it now. Having anxiety certainly doesn't help. :-)

B) If you hit it do you generally consider that "dangerous" or just not
something that's advisable to do very often?

When you start seeing spots and feel like you're going to pass out,
or have trouble getting enough air, that would be the limit for a
healthy person. Of course a person with an aneurism would be a
different case.

If you don't know how healthy you are, get your doctor to prescribe
a stress EKG, preferably on a bike.

I've had those tests before. Running, not bike, which I didn't like. But
everything turned up fine. Of course, that was like 3 years ago. I'm
hoping things can't go downhill too bad in less than a year, which is
roughly the time I've been less active.

Preston
Old July 6th 04, 01:39 AM
Tommy Taylor

I have not a clue what my max is anymore, or if I hit it when cycling.
But when the kids were small, and my main form of exercise was an
aerobics class, I'd routinely do a pulse check twice in the workout. I
don't know if everyone else was up to, but I'd be over what my max was
supposed to be, just about every time.

So, I figured this whole maximum heart rate thing must not apply to
me, or just at least not the same way as it did for everyone else, and
didn't put much stock in the whole concept.

Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Having to post using google again -- don't ask.

http://www.runningtimes.com/issues/0.../heartrate.htm