needed: simple gearing for simple minds

Old March 19th 15, 12:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default needed: simple gearing for simple minds

They have TWO adjustment screws! How's a guy supposed to
understand all that?

http://www.latimes.com/world/middlee...318-story.html

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old March 19th 15, 12:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_3_]

AMuzi wrote:
They have TWO adjustment screws! How's a guy supposed to understand all that?

http://www.latimes.com/world/middlee...318-story.html

If you can understand American foreign policy, you should be able to figure
out a derailleur.
Old March 19th 15, 12:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 3/19/2015 7:55 AM, Ralph Barone wrote:
AMuzi wrote:
They have TWO adjustment screws! How's a guy supposed to understand all that?

http://www.latimes.com/world/middlee...318-story.html

If you can understand American foreign policy, you should be able to figure
out a derailleur.

Important difference: There was an actual derailleur.

Old March 19th 15, 01:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Peter Howard[_6_]

On 19/03/2015 10:55 PM, Ralph Barone wrote:
AMuzi wrote:
They have TWO adjustment screws! How's a guy supposed to understand all that?

http://www.latimes.com/world/middlee...318-story.html

If you can understand American foreign policy, you should be able to figure
out a derailleur.

When you are as powerful as a Secretary of State you don't need to
understand a derailleur. You appoint a committee to understand it for
you. Kerry also doesn't have to lug his boxed Serotta tied up with miles
of duct tape and string through airport baggage check himself.
PH
Old March 19th 15, 02:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Thursday, March 19, 2015 at 8:34:33 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
They have TWO adjustment screws! How's a guy supposed to
understand all that?

http://www.latimes.com/world/middlee...318-story.html

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Sounds like all those engineering friends of Frank's.

To think these are tthe movers and shakers of the U.S.A.

Cheers
Old March 19th 15, 03:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 3/19/2015 8:34 AM, AMuzi wrote:
They have TWO adjustment screws! How's a guy supposed to understand all
that?

http://www.latimes.com/world/middlee...318-story.html

This emphasizes that's concepts that are dead simple for us are pretty
baffling for many other intelligent people. Or to put it another way,
some people can handle mechanical repairs, but many people don't bother
trying.

Andrew, I'll bet your shop has done the same sort of thing for at
_least_ a couple people over the years. No?

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old March 19th 15, 03:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 19/03/2015 10:24 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Thursday, March 19, 2015 at 8:34:33 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
They have TWO adjustment screws! How's a guy supposed to
understand all that?

http://www.latimes.com/world/middlee...318-story.html

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Sounds like all those engineering friends of Frank's.

To think these are tthe movers and shakers of the U.S.A.

Personally I'd prefer my movers and shakers to be on bikes.

Does Harper ride?

Old March 19th 15, 03:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, March 19, 2015 at 11:48:39 AM UTC-4, Duane wrote:
On 19/03/2015 10:24 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Thursday, March 19, 2015 at 8:34:33 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
They have TWO adjustment screws! How's a guy supposed to
understand all that?

http://www.latimes.com/world/middlee...318-story.html

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Sounds like all those engineering friends of Frank's.

To think these are tthe movers and shakers of the U.S.A.

Personally I'd prefer my movers and shakers to be on bikes.

Does Harper ride?

no but Schuman does.....
Old March 19th 15, 04:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 3/19/2015 10:48 AM, Duane wrote:
On 19/03/2015 10:24 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Thursday, March 19, 2015 at 8:34:33 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
They have TWO adjustment screws! How's a guy supposed to
understand all that?

http://www.latimes.com/world/middlee...318-story.html

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Sounds like all those engineering friends of Frank's.

To think these are tthe movers and shakers of the U.S.A.

Personally I'd prefer my movers and shakers to be on bikes.

Does Harper ride?

Don't know but Boris does.

Old March 19th 15, 04:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 19/03/2015 12:08 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 3/19/2015 10:48 AM, Duane wrote:
On 19/03/2015 10:24 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Thursday, March 19, 2015 at 8:34:33 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
They have TWO adjustment screws! How's a guy supposed to
understand all that?

http://www.latimes.com/world/middlee...318-story.html

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Sounds like all those engineering friends of Frank's.

To think these are tthe movers and shakers of the U.S.A.

Personally I'd prefer my movers and shakers to be on bikes.

Does Harper ride?

Don't know but Boris does.

I was asking SRA. He comes from a city where his previous mayor wanted
to kill cyclists on site. Though that was probably partially a delusion
from a crack dream. In Canada we have cabinet members that seem to
think that the Flintstones was historically accurate and then there's
Steven Harper.

Who's Boris?

Simple Simon Judith[_4_] UK 196 June 5th 12 09:37 AM
Are all MPs this simple? burtthebike UK 17 July 31st 08 02:43 AM
MPs simple? burtthebike UK 3 July 27th 08 07:06 PM
One Simple Question Carmine Clamenza Racing 27 July 3rd 07 04:06 PM
Simple pleasures BB Mountain Biking 4 May 31st 04 11:12 PM