Need advice about a used bike!

Old August 12th 03, 07:46 PM
Adam

Default Need advice about a used bike!

Hi everyone,

I'm no professional moutain biker, but I do enjoy getting out on the
weekends. My bike got stolen a while ago, and I was hoping for any
advice about an offer I came accross for a used bike:

The bike is a Gary Fisher Marlin, described only as "This bike is a
17" ??? i think. front shocks, specalized road wheels." The girl who
is selling it told me that it is probably 4-5 years old. She is asking
$150 for it.

First of all, I wanted to know if you think this bike is any good. I
can only find information about newer versions of this model. I'd also
be interested in your thoughts about whether or not it's a bike that
will still run strong after 4-5 years.

My second question is whether or not $150 is worth it. She said she's
flexible on the price, and $150 seems high to me for a bike that's
that old.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - thank you so much!

Adam
Old August 14th 03, 12:12 AM

Which is better looking ? Offer the girl lunch . While
eating offer 100.00 for the bike

Fire up MTB 03