Schwinn Rocket 88 "chain suck" issue

Old December 21st 03, 04:58 PM
Fletcher

Default Schwinn Rocket 88 "chain suck" issue

I have a 2001 Schwinn Rocket 88 and I have a chronic issue with the
chain getting sucked up between the smallest front sprocket and the
frame when I am climbing. This happens even if I clean the drive chain
really, really well... I have taken this bike into the bike shops 3
times for this.. and they adjust it, etc... which fixes ths issue for
about 2 rides, and then it's back to the same issue. It only happens
when I am climbing and applying mucho pressure, and when I am using
the "small sprocket" in the front... but it is chronic and basicallt
keeps me from riding as I live in Colorado and all rides include steep
climbs!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this isue
permanently?? Or, is this just an issue inherent to this model?

Thanks,
Craig
Old December 22nd 03, 01:51 AM
google bitch

Fletcher wrote:
I have a 2001 Schwinn Rocket 88 and I have a chronic issue with the
chain getting sucked up between the smallest front sprocket and the
frame when I am climbing. This happens even if I clean the drive chain
really, really well... I have taken this bike into the bike shops 3
times for this.. and they adjust it, etc... which fixes ths issue for
about 2 rides, and then it's back to the same issue. It only happens
when I am climbing and applying mucho pressure, and when I am using
the "small sprocket" in the front... but it is chronic and basicallt
keeps me from riding as I live in Colorado and all rides include steep
climbs!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this isue
permanently?? Or, is this just an issue inherent to this model?

Thanks,
Craig

www.google.com

type in "chain suck"

trust me, it works

Your personal Google Bitch

Old December 22nd 03, 04:53 PM
tcmedara

Chris Phillipo wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this isue
permanently?? Or, is this just an issue inherent to this model?

Thanks,
Craig

www.google.com

type in "chain suck"

trust me, it works

Your personal Google Bitch

How is a chain of Bangkok brothels going to help him?

It would at least take his mind off his bike problems.

Old December 22nd 03, 11:50 PM
JD

(Fletcher) wrote in message . com...
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this isue
permanently??

Ride a singlespeed.

JD
Old December 23rd 03, 03:51 PM
Gman

On 22 Dec 2003 15:50:26 -0800, JD wrote:
(Fletcher) wrote in message . com...
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this isue
permanently??

Ride a singlespeed.

JD

Damn! You beat me to it...