2 mm

Old October 12th 04, 01:15 PM
the black rose

Default 2 mm

That's how far I adjusted my saddle's fore-aft position. And suddenly,
my bike went from fitting reasonably well, to fitting perfectly.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I also realized that while one of my feet is 2 sizes smaller than the
other, the cleats on my shoes were in the same place on both shoes. I
moved the cleat back on the shoe of my smaller foot, and the pain I've
been having in my big toe went away.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Life on the bike is good right now.

-km

--
Only cowards fight kids -- unidentified Moscow protester

proud to be owned by a yorkie
Old October 12th 04, 05:00 PM
Bill Sornson

the black rose wrote:
That's how far I adjusted my saddle's fore-aft position. And
suddenly, my bike went from fitting reasonably well, to fitting
perfectly.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I also realized that while one of my feet is 2 sizes smaller than the
other, the cleats on my shoes were in the same place on both shoes. I
moved the cleat back on the shoe of my smaller foot, and the pain I've
been having in my big toe went away.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Life on the bike is good right now.

This too shall pass

(I often try small adjustments and they feel great at first, but then stop
"working". Not sure what that's all about...)

Bill "enjoy it while ya got it" S.

Old October 14th 04, 08:31 PM
Dane Jackson

the black rose wrote:

I also realized that while one of my feet is 2 sizes smaller than the
other, the cleats on my shoes were in the same place on both shoes. I
moved the cleat back on the shoe of my smaller foot, and the pain I've
been having in my big toe went away.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm really needing to do this myself. My problem? The MTB shoes I
have don't have quite enough tread to walk without scraping my cleats.
Or, to be more accurate, the screws on my cleats. So, I'd like to
adjust my cleat position. But I can't because the hex head on the
screw is in really bad shape.

Time to buy new shoes.

Life on the bike is good right now.

Now if I could just get around to rewrapping my handlebars. And fixing
my brake hood position. And changing my cassette. And my chain. And
building a new rear wheel. And putting a new set of blinkies on my bike.
And cover that ding on my top tube before it rusts... more. And get a
new front tire since I think it's getting kind of thin on the tread now.

Is it bad when you have to unclip and kick your front derailleur to get
it to shift down?

Man, I'm feeling like the poster child for bike neglect.

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
Robot, n.:
Old October 15th 04, 12:08 AM
the black rose

Dane Jackson wrote:
Is it bad when you have to unclip and kick your front derailleur to get
it to shift down?

I'm no expert, but I'd have to say yes, that's bad.

Man, I'm feeling like the poster child for bike neglect.

*snorfle*

-km