we're gonna choke on it too

Old March 27th 05, 11:43 PM
Tom Sherman

Maggie wrote:

Bonehenge wrote:

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 15:10:13 GMT, "S o r n i"
wrote:

Deleted as obvious pron Sapm.

Wouldn't Sapim be on topic? G

Barry

Can someone give me the cliff notes for the OP.

See http://www.sapim.be/index.php.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Downstate Illinois, North of Forgottonia)

Old March 28th 05, 12:03 AM
MJR

1oki wrote:
'We _can't_ see for miles and miles'

This is a little self-serving. I went for my first bike ride

yesterday. My
allergies which had been in abeyance came back in full force. Not

pollen,
not animal dander, but from air pollution. Billions of people driving
billions of autos.

MAJOR SNIP

I fear our future is death by choking.

Researchers in France conducted a study to look at benzene exposure

and the
risk for leukemia. They included 280 children with leukemia and 285

healthy
children. All of the children were between 2 and 6 years old.'
***********

Well, if you worked harder, you would have the money to move somewhere
that pollution is not so bad -- as would these children (if their
parents worked harder).

You have some nerve complaining about this, when if you had things YOUR
way, shareholders in these companies, who worked hard to get the money
to invest in them, would be penalized for your laziness, by having to
cut into their profits just so that they could "clean up" their
operation.

Don't be so lazy next lifetime and you won't need to worry about this
problem.

Old March 28th 05, 12:08 AM
S o r n i

(Repost yet again...)

Tom Sherman wrote:
Maggie wrote:

Bonehenge wrote:

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 15:10:13 GMT, "S o r n i" wrote:

Deleted as obvious pron Sapm.

Wouldn't Sapim be on topic? G

Can someone give me the cliff notes for the OP.

See http://www.sapim.be/index.php.

Cold.

(Nice, but cold.)

Old March 28th 05, 01:08 AM
1oki

"MJR" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]
Well, if you worked harder,

You have no knowledge of how hard I work.

you would have the money to move somewhere
that pollution is not so bad

That place is rapidly becoming extinct. Regardless. If I were to come to
your home and contaminate you and yours with toxic chemicals would the onus
be on you to move?

-- as would these children (if their
parents worked harder).

You have some nerve complaining about this,

I have some nerve complaining about people being posioned.

when if you had things YOUR
way,

The air we all must breathe wouldn't be poisonned.

shareholders in these companies, who worked hard to get the money
to invest in them,

You have no idea how they acquired their shares. Regrdless of the manner in
which they acquired them, it still doesn't give them the right to poison
people.

would be penalized for your laziness,

My laziness? I bike for transport. You?

by having to
cut into their profits just so that they could "clean up" their
operation.

Yes. Why shouldn't they accept being poisoned. How dare they complain!.

--
'They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot.' -joni mitchell

Old March 28th 05, 01:57 AM
bbaka

MJR wrote:
1oki wrote:

MAJOR SNIP

Well, if you worked harder, you would have the money to move somewhere
that pollution is not so bad -- as would these children (if their
parents worked harder).

What is hard work to you??? I can make plenty of money in electronics
just by 'thinking' harder but there is no work (BTU) involved. The catch
is I have to do that in someone eles' company, usually in the middle of
all the smog. Locally I can go out and pick fruit and 'work' hard but I
don't speak Spanish. I like going to a cubicle and 'working' and giving
Powerpoint presentations (yeah, right) and telling other people how to
do things and getting paid for it, but it isn't work, just a job that
pays well and I can do it while being lazy.

You have some nerve complaining about this, when if you had things YOUR
way, shareholders in these companies, who worked hard to get the money
to invest in them, would be penalized for your laziness, by having to
cut into their profits just so that they could "clean up" their
operation.

What are you smoking, man?? Must be some good **** but it seems to have
fried your brain.

Don't be so lazy next lifetime and you won't need to worry about this
problem.

Man,
That irritates even me.?

Bill Baka
Old March 28th 05, 02:15 AM
Claire Petersky

"Maggie" wrote in message
oups.com...

Can someone give me the cliff notes for the OP.

You can see for yourself:

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups...2005&safe=off&

or
http://tinyurl.com/5gh5c

Memorable quote:

"After I am on the road it's easy. So I fool myself. I tell myself I'm just
going for a _short_ spin. Of course once I start it's hard to stop and I end
up going further than I ever expected"

Other apparent hang-outs: rec.arts.sf.written, alt.history.future,
soc.history.what-if, alt.tv.pol-incorrect.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist:
See the books I've set free at:

Old March 28th 05, 02:17 AM
Tom Sherman

Bill Baka wrote:

MJR wrote:

1oki wrote:

MAJOR SNIP

[...]

And you probably though Jonathan Swift really approved of sending poor
children off to the slaughterhouse to be turned into food.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Downstate Illinois, North of Forgottonia)

Old March 28th 05, 02:37 AM
bbaka

Tom Sherman wrote:
Bill Baka wrote:

MJR wrote:

1oki wrote:

MAJOR SNIP

[...]

Here is a quote from that piece.

Infant's flesh will be in season throughout the year, but more plentiful
in March, and a little before and after; for we are told by a grave
author, an eminent French physician, that fish being a prolific diet,
there are more children born in B Roman Catholic /B countries about
nine months after Lent than at any other season; therefore, reckoning a
year after Lent, the markets will be more glutted than usual, because
the number of popish infants is at least three to one in this kingdom:
and therefore it will have one other collateral advantage, by B
lessening the number of papists /B among us.

That paragraph sort of justified it to me.
"Waiter, Get me the Fat Republican born again baby menu and some A-1.".
Obviously a Democratic fine eating establishment.

Bill Baka
Old March 28th 05, 03:26 AM
1oki

"Claire Petersky" wrote in message

"Maggie" wrote in message
oups.com...

Can someone give me the cliff notes for the OP.

You can see for yourself:

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups...2005&safe=off&

or
http://tinyurl.com/5gh5c

Memorable quote:

"After I am on the road it's easy. So I fool myself. I tell myself I'm
just
going for a _short_ spin. Of course once I start it's hard to stop and I
end
up going further than I ever expected"

Other apparent hang-outs: rec.arts.sf.written, alt.history.future,
soc.history.what-if, alt.tv.pol-incorrect.

Am I famous or infamous? Not so much atpi anymore. It has kind of
withered away.

I was just venting. Something I have to do once in a while.

That McMaster study really gnaws at me. I am seriously considering moving
out of Southern Ontario. To where? I don't know, but it would have to have
less pollution and more trails.

I was reviewing my travelogue from my summer trip to NS. I realized my
allergies didn't bother me once the entire trip. I'd move back in an
instant. If only it was feasible.

Ah, well. Such is life.

--
'The sea was angry that day my friend'
-George Costanza

Old March 28th 05, 12:46 PM
MJR

1oki wrote:
"MJR" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]
[...]

Was it not obvious that I was being sarcastic? Well, either that, or
quoting from the book of Mark Hickey.