Good gloves?

Old June 27th 05, 12:24 PM
Peter Cole

mark wrote:
"chris" wrote

How long do gloves usually last for you guys. I am looking to get some new
ones. Any suggestions? Summer gloves of course.

Pittards leather gloves from Pearl Izumi (top of line model, new ones are
impregnated with carbon fiber or some such nonsense) seem to last multiple
seasons, long enough to justify the high upfront cost if you don't lose
them.

Not if you wash them.
Old June 27th 05, 04:27 PM
Jeff Starr

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 07:24:37 -0400, Peter Cole
wrote:

mark wrote:

Pittards leather gloves from Pearl Izumi (top of line model, new ones are
impregnated with carbon fiber or some such nonsense) seem to last multiple
seasons, long enough to justify the high upfront cost if you don't lose
them.

Not if you wash them.

What happened?

Life is Good!
Jeff
Old June 27th 05, 04:30 PM
Peter Cole

wrote:

mark wrote:

Pittards leather gloves from Pearl Izumi (top of line model, new ones are
impregnated with carbon fiber or some such nonsense) seem to last multiple
seasons, long enough to justify the high upfront cost if you don't lose
them.

Not if you wash them.

What happened?

Life is Good!
Jeff

The leather stiffens, it eventually cracks. This happens with all
natural leather gloves. Synthetics don't have the problem -- make much
better gloves and shoes (I would add saddles, but it's too hot for flames).
Old June 27th 05, 04:43 PM
Neil Cherry

I can not recommend the gloves from Cannondale! They disintegrated
with in 400 miles of use (2 weeks). I have 2 pair of very old
Specialized gloves that I still use (the lycra is falling apart). I
like the Louis Garneau Ergo air but they are too thing for more than
40 mile rides (that's what I ride mostly).

--
Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/ (Text only)
Old June 30th 05, 07:38 PM
maxo

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 13:42:49 +0000, chris wrote:

How long do gloves usually last for you guys. I am looking to get some new
ones. Any suggestions? Summer gloves of course.

As I didn't answer the actual question in my other post:

I've got a set of REI all synthetic gloves at the moment, totally wash and
wear, but I'd rather have an old set of real leather cotton-backs to be
honest. Yeah, they got pretty stinky, but they actually broke in compared
to this lycra glove crap. I like lycra for shorts and winter gloves though.

Old July 3rd 05, 02:28 AM
greggery peccary

"Chris Zacho "The Wheelman"" wrote in message
Well, call me retro, but I still lie the cotten crochet gloves. The ones
I get from nashbar usually last the season.

- -

"May you have the winds at your back,
And a really low gear for the hills!"

i like those too. you can wash them so they dont stink so bad...i have an
old pair that says "planet bike" on the tag and they have lasted for three
summers but then i paid a lot more for a pair of trico groves from rei
however and they didnt even last two weeks. should have stuck with what was
working!

Old July 3rd 05, 02:46 PM
Peter Cole

greggery peccary wrote:
"Chris Zacho "The Wheelman"" wrote

Well, call me retro, but I still lie the cotten crochet gloves. The ones

i like those too. you can wash them so they dont stink so bad...

Why use gloves that stink at all? Just wash them when you wash your
shorts. There's no rule that says you can only have one pair, either.
Old July 4th 05, 12:17 AM
greggery peccary

"Peter Cole" wrote in message
greggery peccary wrote:
"Chris Zacho "The Wheelman"" wrote

Well, call me retro, but I still lie the cotten crochet gloves. The ones

i like those too. you can wash them so they dont stink so bad...

Why use gloves that stink at all? Just wash them when you wash your
shorts. There's no rule that says you can only have one pair, either.

some gloves (like the tricos i mentioned) disintegrate when washed too
often, and it's not good for the leather.

Holeproof full-finger gloves TonyMelton Unicycling 5 January 12th 05 02:04 AM
Billy removes support from Peewee (seeXXXVII for a Laugh) Di Social Issues 3 October 29th 04 05:31 AM
Rider Down! slim Social Issues 9 October 19th 04 01:41 PM
aus.bicycle FAQ kingsley Australia 4 December 14th 03 11:08 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM