Breezer

Old July 4th 05, 09:12 PM
Chris Lamb

Default Breezer

Anyone know anything about Breezer bikes. I'm 60's and mobility
challenge and the U frame should allow me to get on. I can't get my
leg up over the old mountain bike I have although I do have fun on my
trike recumbent. Know anything about the Shimano hub, how much the
bike weighs, quality?

Chris
Old July 4th 05, 09:55 PM
maxo

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 20:12:57 +0000, Chris Lamb wrote:

Anyone know anything about Breezer bikes. I'm 60's and mobility challenge
and the U frame should allow me to get on. I can't get my leg up over the
old mountain bike I have although I do have fun on my trike recumbent.
Know anything about the Shimano hub, how much the bike weighs, quality?

Chris

Excellent quality and stupendous service. I ended up not buying one as I
was short funds, but they were the most dear folks to email back and forth
with.

The Shimano hubs do weigh a bit, but it's hub weight and doesn't make the
bike feel sluggish. The plus side are perfectly spaced usable gears and
zero maintenance short of tightening up the shifter cable every now and
then (your dealer will show you how, it's a matter of seconds) I've posted
here many times about the Shimano Hubs before, I've put over 20K miles on
one in brutal conditions with zero problems.

I'm not sure exactly how much the breezer weighs, but I've had a similar
fully equipped bike, and it's going to be a bit over thirty pounds. No
featherweight, but I promise you it'll feel a lot easier to pedal compared
to a mountain bike.

I think you might be happiest on an Electra Townie if you're a little
challenged in the flexibility department. They place the cranks a bit more
forward compared to other utility bikes, allowing you to place both feet
on the ground while sitting on the saddle. Worth a look:

http://www.electrabike.com/04/bikes/...wnie_home.html

Also have a look at the REI Fusion with step through frame, it's like the
Breezers in that it comes with all the stuff you need like fenders,
lighting, and a kickstand.

http://www.rei.com/product/47841655.htm