WTT: Campagnolo 10 speed derailleur pulleys for 9 speed

Old July 18th 03, 12:22 PM
Lee

Default WTT: Campagnolo 10 speed derailleur pulleys for 9 speed

I've got a pair of new 10 speed derailleur pulleys that I've removed from a
Record Carbon derailleur. Zero miles on the pair. Need a pair of 9 speed
pulleys (yes they're different).

If you've got a pair of 9 speed pulleys, preferably new, and need a pair of
10 speed pulleys, let me know.

Alternately, these 10 speed pulleys are available for $20 shipped.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Lee

lee at wheelman REMOVESHOES dot com

Old July 18th 03, 01:19 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Lee- I've got a pair of new 10 speed derailleur pulleys that I've removed
from a
Record Carbon derailleur. Zero miles on the pair. Need a pair of 9 speed
pulleys (yes they're different). BRBR

Actually the pulleys are marked 9-10 now but you don't need to change pulleys
anyway. Using a 10s chain with 9s pulleys or vice versa is no
problema...intermixing 8/9/10s pulleys and chains is not an issue...from my
experience.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old July 18th 03, 01:39 PM
Lee

"Qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote in message
Lee- I've got a pair of new 10 speed derailleur pulleys that I've

removed
from a
Record Carbon derailleur. Zero miles on the pair. Need a pair of 9 speed
pulleys (yes they're different). BRBR

Actually the pulleys are marked 9-10 now but you don't need to change

pulleys
anyway. Using a 10s chain with 9s pulleys or vice versa is no
problema...intermixing 8/9/10s pulleys and chains is not an issue...from

my
experience.

Peter,

The 9 speed pulleys are a bit wider than the 10 speed. I'm running a 9 speed
setup and thought that the wider pulleys would guide the 9sp chain better.
You're suggesting that there won't be any difference in shifting
performance? Certainly would make my life a bit easier...

Lee

Old July 18th 03, 02:15 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Lee- The 9 speed pulleys are a bit wider than the 10 speed. I'm running a 9
speed
setup and thought that the wider pulleys would guide the 9sp chain better.
You're suggesting that there won't be any difference in shifting
performance? Certainly would make my life a bit easier... BRBR

The new packaged Campagnolo pulleys are '9/10'..

No difference in shifting performance using a 10s rear der and pulleys. We use
10s rear ders for replacements all the time for even 8s systems...works just
great w/o modification...

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old July 19th 03, 01:26 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Lee- Thanks Peter!

You're up early today. Watching the time trials on OLN? BRBR

You betcha...like the German's chances.....

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302