Help me write research paper on bicycling?

Old November 14th 06, 05:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Mark

Default Help me write research paper on bicycling?

"Mike Kruger" wrote in message
wrote in message
"Mark" wrote:

How about discussing John Forester's statement:

"Cyclists fare best when they act and are treated as drivers of vehicles"

That IS a good thesis

Forester's book is "Effective Cycling". MIT Press. There's a lot of
material on the web, also.

Good point. Search for "Vehicular Cycling" and check out the League of
American Bicyclists (www.bikeleague.org)

Old November 14th 06, 06:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Solvang Cyclist

Matt O'Toole wrote in
news
On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 22:55:10 +0000, jobst.brandt wrote:

anonymous writes:

I'm taking a college level English class at local community college.

I'm thinking about writing my final research paper on some aspect of
bicycles and bicycling.

I am having a bit of a problem coming up with a "thesis" which means
an argument or statement.

Any ideas?

Make sure you put your name on your paper or you won't get a grade.

Pick a subject that benefits bicyclists... like why is riding uphill
at a given power harder than riding in flatland with the same output.

You must be aware that the best TT riders are often not the best hill
climbers.

Keep in mind he's an English major, not a physicist. A technical
paper may not be the best route to a good grade, unless it's a
technical writing course.

Matt O.

Matt, I think you missed the sarcasm that I assume was intended: Since
the OP thought he needed to explain to us what a "thesis" is, the reply
he got was to explain other obvious things such as "put your name on the
paper" and "riding uphill is harder than riding downhill".

I don't think these were intended to be actual topics for the thesis
(i.e., argument or statement grin).

Cheers,
David

Old November 14th 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Solvang Cyclist wrote:

Matt, I think you missed the sarcasm that I assume was intended: Since
the OP thought he needed to explain to us what a "thesis" is, the reply
he got was to explain other obvious things such as "put your name on the
paper" and "riding uphill is harder than riding downhill".

ha ****ing ha

your "funny"
Old November 14th 06, 11:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Pat in TX

Matt, I think you missed the sarcasm that I assume was intended: Since
the OP thought he needed to explain to us what a "thesis" is, the reply
he got was to explain other obvious things such as "put your name on the
paper" and "riding uphill is harder than riding downhill".

ha ****ing ha

your "funny"

Don't forget to enable a spell checker or you'll get an 'F' on your theme.

Pat in TX

Old November 15th 06, 07:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Tom Keats

In article ,
Solvang Cyclist writes:

Matt, I think you missed the sarcasm that I assume was intended: Since
the OP thought he needed to explain to us what a "thesis" is, the reply
he got was to explain other obvious things such as "put your name on the
paper" and "riding uphill is harder than riding downhill".

Jobst's anathema toward anonymous posting is well known.
At any rate I suppose it's advisable to sign such a formal
paper with something better than "me" or ",
unless "me" really is a 1st person proper noun.

I don't think these were intended to be actual topics for the thesis
(i.e., argument or statement grin).

How on earth did erstwhile students ever get by without
the help (crutch?) of UseNet?

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old November 15th 06, 11:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Claire Petersky

"Tom Keats" wrote in message

At any rate I suppose it's advisable to sign such a formal
paper with something better than "me" or ",
unless "me" really is a 1st person proper noun.

A local bicycle coach and cycling advocate, Mike Eddy, has a me@[domain]
address. I didn't figure it out at first.

(You can see his website over yonder: http://www.meinnovations.com/.)

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/

Old November 17th 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Janet

Tom Keats wrote:

How on earth did erstwhile students ever get by without
the help (crutch?) of UseNet?

We used to actually go to The Library.

Janet

Old November 19th 06, 04:20 AM
walleyeangler walleyeangler is offline
Junior Member

Location: central Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Tom Keats wrote:

How on earth did erstwhile students ever get by without
the help (crutch?) of UseNet?

We used to actually go to The Library.

Janet

Thank God for the Internet.
Old November 20th 06, 03:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Janet

walleyeangler wrote:
Janet Wrote:

Tom Keats wrote:
-

How on earth did erstwhile students ever get by without
the help (crutch?) of UseNet?

-

We used to actually go to The Library.

Janet

Thank God for the Internet.

What? - and miss all the fun of being "shushed" by the uptight librarian
when you're talking in too loud of a wisper.... ;-)

Janet

My Halifax Trip Write-up flyer Unicycling 19 October 12th 06 12:35 AM
Wonder who Lance got to write it? Bill C Racing 2 June 1st 06 03:29 AM
My write up. Marty Australia 12 September 22nd 05 08:45 AM
Reporters should *write* about what they *really* know about only - From SI jj-ng Racing 47 July 20th 05 06:17 AM
Write to your MP about the BHIT bill. David Martin UK 3 January 16th 04 07:44 PM