Looking for 'inn to inn' bike tours in Europe

Old March 12th 09, 08:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
[email protected][_2_]

Default Looking for 'inn to inn' bike tours in Europe

What are your recommendations for a good 1-2 week bike tour in
Europe. Ideally, we like to bike from 'last night's inn' to 'tonights
bed and breakfast' so that we could see the sights during the day and
somehow have our gear transported to the inn at the finish of the
day's ride. Do you know of any companies that might set up a tour
with this service? I'd also appreciate recommendations in general for
good areas to bike in.
Thanks,
jim cant
Old March 15th 09, 09:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Fear eile

What you ccould do too is start off in a Logis de France hotel. These
are good and sheap. They are an association with hundreds of hotels.
You can get a map in any one of them and book the next ones from that.
They won't carry your gear but the Dinner Bed and Breakfast is
fantastic value. Stick to D roads.
Old March 16th 09, 02:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
OughtFour

wrote in message
What are your recommendations for a good 1-2 week bike tour in
Europe. Ideally, we like to bike from 'last night's inn' to 'tonights
bed and breakfast' so that we could see the sights during the day and
somehow have our gear transported to the inn at the finish of the
day's ride. Do you know of any companies that might set up a tour
with this service? I'd also appreciate recommendations in general for
good areas to bike in.

When I went cycling in Burgundy four years ago, I discoverd these services
were common and available though touring companies and bicycle-rental shops
alike. We were, for various reasons, renting bikes over there, and needed to
do so through two separate shops.

Both offered a menu of services. They would rent us any equipment and gear
we needed, make reservations for us, port our bags from place to place, and
deliver and pick up bicycles at hotels. Any and all for a fee.
Itinerary-planning advice was free (and invaluable).

All those services together are what is called a "self-guided" tour. (Add a
guide and you've got a touring-company-style tour.) This is pretty common.
You just need to pick a region and start looking for places that rent
bicycles or run tours.

I can't tell you where to go, but I liked Burgundy a lot.

Looking for 'inn to inn' bike tours in Europe [email protected] General 3 March 16th 09 12:04 AM
Organized Tours - Europe, US, Canada jalex Rides 3 November 3rd 06 10:09 PM
Europe by bike & train: Folder vs. conventional bike? [email protected] General 21 June 25th 05 02:08 AM
Family tours in Europe? A. Cassel UK 14 December 10th 03 10:13 AM
Family tours in Europe? A. Cassel Rides 6 December 7th 03 04:47 PM