mutant cassette lockring tool

Old July 9th 03, 04:16 PM
g.daniels

Default mutant cassette lockring tool

ep iza supposed to be humor, jon. itsa ep week.ep is not those other
words you so casually inflict on us. the tool's shaft is down inside
the socket body and if your hacksaw reaches down in there i strongly
suggest a trip to the local patent lawyer 'cuase we are going to line
up around the block for this one no problem.
pick up some b vitamins when your out, maybe the temporal lobe reading
problem your suffering from will respond. On the other hand if you're
inventing like this hay why not,right? Fast!
all kidding aside, the tool's design implies some function fopr a
shaft to go WELL, WE GOT THE SHAFT!!
and it goes down into a skewer-those axle things the in crowd uses for
quick tire work.I am impressed. unduly.
Is this a sexual or hormonal problem? Or does the shaft do something
when its down inside the skewer? One might guess the shaft centers the
tool. Does the hands of the in crowd shake while quick changing? Does
the shaft and the hub produce something? Maybe, I'll stop and report
back.
I used the medium size channellocks on the lockring. Available
pressure from channelocks- a pipe channel lock with a curved section
within the jaw bodies-squooze the unit to puckering so i guess that's
tight enough and hohum i guess icanna file the rings sides flat for
removal.
THE NASHBAR TOOL IS PERFECTLY OK AND ALL DISPARATE COMMENTS SHUD BE
TAKEN AS HUMOR.THE TOOL IS A GOOD VALUE AT THE PRICE AS IS THE ENTIRE
NASHBAR TOOL RANGE.I SUPPLICATE.and thanks!
I did not run over the tool and break it into little pieces.
The people who have modified the tool are not going to write. EP!!
Theragonnna wait till I drive it out and crack the EP into five pieces
thus giving me the shaft. hay thanks guys.
Local BS suggests oxy-act is necessary.
Old July 10th 03, 03:59 PM
g.daniels

The shaft !

does this imply the lockring does not come out easily without the
shaft?
do i remove the cromoly solid rear axle and put a hollow axle back in
for lockring removal?
is the lockring itself fragile? does it suffer from malignment? this
is my first cassette hub.
Old July 11th 03, 04:38 PM
g.daniels

and further-I find the shimano thin wall freewheel remover slips right
dab into the cassette lockring!! totally unexpected!! holy volvo!! now
I have 3!! gotta try the shim chain lube.