The Shed Thread

Old May 18th 12, 10:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Wm...

Default The Shed Thread

Fri, 18 May 2012 21:15:36
uk.rec.cycling JNugent

On 18/05/2012 10:36, Simon Mason wrote:
On May 17, 10:26 pm, wrote:

Make it an accurate representation, limp.

If I did that the cats may get out into next door's garden like they
did today.

Yes, they will escape your prison fence, but at least make it easy for
them to get back in after they've been out for a wander.

I spent ages looking for one around dinner time after it escaped -
luckily I found it safe and well.

They don't need nursing.

We had a cat that got run over eight years ago though and we are
paranoid that it could happen again so they are not allowed out of the
back garden.

Have you got a rabbit-proof fence dug down at least 30", secure solid
gates and the garden fully "roofed" with with well-maintained fine-mesh
chicken wire?

If you haven't, you might just as well try to keep your cats on a
vegetarian diet.

Ahem, didn't you say ns to me recently?

--
Wm...
Old May 18th 12, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Wm...

Fri, 18 May 2012 21:19:13
uk.rec.cycling JNugent

Wm:
I'm confident someone else has already outdone me in this very group. Are you
perhaps guilty of only noticing some non sequiturs?

Perhaps, but it would be hard to find a more spectacular non-sequitur
than responding to a post about building sheds with a remark about
encouraging cyclists and asking about Olympic medals.

Except for the fact that the shed thing was in the wrong group to begin
with and cyclists and Olympic medals is on topic.

Aside: the capitals and hyphen are redundant.

Not when describing such a prestigious award.

On a more positive note: at least you are aware of what your fellows often
do, why don't you point it out to them when they do it?

If anyone ever posts a better one than yours, I shall.

Hmmm, surely you should point out to the people we regard as trolls /
entertainment / whatever that they are by definition without purpose in
this group ? You are clearly a person that can think which isn't true
of some.

Surely honesty suggests you should have a go at people on your apparent
side when they get things wrong. Or have you mangled your posting
position to the extent that you can never say anyone that dislikes
bicycles, cycling and so on is wrong.

I find it disappointing that you side with people that in normal
circumstances you'd just think have **** for brains.

--
Wm...
Old May 18th 12, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Wm...

Fri, 18 May 2012 21:21:34
uk.rec.cycling JNugent

On 18/05/2012 12:08, Wm... wrote:
Fri, 18 May 2012 08:38:12 uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

But now you know what a tat you are.

OK, what is a tat?

I was hoping
JNugent
would express his concern about this before I pointed it out.

I know what it is.

Among other possibilities, it is a well-known spelling mistake or typo.

Egregious, no doubt, but I am in no position to crow about typos - and
we both know that a mere typo is no rival to a glorious non-sequitur
faux pas like replying to a post about sheds with remarks about
cyclists and the Olympics.

Except that cyclists and Olympic medals are on topic.

You and your friends are off topic.

Got it yet?

I am unhappy that a thoughtful person does what you do.

I'd much rather talk to you.

--
Wm...

Old May 18th 12, 11:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 18/05/2012 22:39, Wm... wrote:
Fri, 18 May 2012 21:19:13 uk.rec.cycling
JNugent

Wm:
I'm confident someone else has already outdone me in this very group. Are you
perhaps guilty of only noticing some non sequiturs?

Perhaps, but it would be hard to find a more spectacular non-sequitur than
responding to a post about building sheds with a remark about encouraging
cyclists and asking about Olympic medals.

Except for the fact that the shed thing was in the wrong group to begin with
and cyclists and Olympic medals is on topic.

If building sheds is off-topic, you have only Mr Mason and Mr Crispin to
thank for there being threads about those topics.

And even if that subject *is* off-topic, that does not render your response
about encouraging cyclists and the Olympics anything other than a
non-sequitur. [ ... ]

On a more positive note: at least you are aware of what your fellows often
do, why don't you point it out to them when they do it?

If anyone ever posts a better one than yours, I shall.

Hmmm, surely you should point out to the people we regard as trolls /
entertainment / whatever that they are by definition without purpose in this
group ? You are clearly a person that can think which isn't true of some.

Thank you for that, but *are* those you call "trolls" really without purpose?

Surely honesty suggests you should have a go at people on your apparent side
when they get things wrong. Or have you mangled your posting position to the
extent that you can never say anyone that dislikes bicycles, cycling and so
on is wrong.

I am aligned with no-one. Completely independent.

I find it disappointing that you side with people that in normal
circumstances you'd just think have **** for brains.

With whom do I "side"? Be aware that the category may be wider and more
inclusive than you currently think it to be.
Old May 18th 12, 11:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 18/05/2012 12:08, Wm... wrote:
Fri, 18 May 2012 08:38:12 uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

But now you know what a tat you are.

OK, what is a tat?

I was hoping
JNugent
would express his concern about this before I pointed it out.

I know what it is.

Among other possibilities, it is a well-known spelling mistake or typo.

Egregious, no doubt, but I am in no position to crow about typos - and we
both know that a mere typo is no rival to a glorious non-sequitur faux pas
like replying to a post about sheds with remarks about cyclists and the
Olympics.

Except that cyclists and Olympic medals are on topic.

You and your friends are off topic.

I have initiated no threads about sheds, though I did respond to Mr Crispin
in such a thread. I regarded my response to him as constructive and amicable.

Got it yet?

What is "it"?

I am unhappy that a thoughtful person does what you do.

I do a lot of things.

I'd much rather talk to you.

Maybe you can.

Old May 19th 12, 05:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Fri, 18 May 2012 08:38:12 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

On 18/05/2012 05:43, Peter Keller wrote:
On Thu, 17 May 2012 21:49:39 +0100, Wm... wrote:

Hi Wm.
My weekend will be fine.
What success have these people had at making us feel stupid because we
use a bike for efficient enjoyable transport and recognition?
In my case, none whatever and I use bicycles as much as I have ever
done!

But now you know what a tat you are.

A tat? Now that is very floppy! Why not grim, unsympathetic, and jargon-
spouting you censorious, secretive, aggressive, mind-numbing moron

--
Life is a venereal disease with 100% mortality.
Old May 19th 12, 06:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Wm...

Fri, 18 May 2012 23:23:37
uk.rec.cycling JNugent

Wm:
Ahem, didn't you say ns to me recently?

No.

In that case someone is pretending to be you.

--
Wm...
Old May 19th 12, 08:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 19/05/2012 06:14, Wm... wrote:
Fri, 18 May 2012 23:23:37 uk.rec.cycling
JNugent

Wm:
Ahem, didn't you say ns to me recently?

No.

In that case someone is pretending to be you.

I have never said "ns" to anybody. I cannot imagine my saying such a thing.
Old May 19th 12, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On 18/05/2012 12:08, Wm... wrote:
[...]

Indeed it was.

Anyway - the Shed Thread is not entirely off topic. Once completed I
will be able to assemble and store my genuine Shanghai cargo trike in
the new shed.
http://tinyurl.com/7jxabbs from:
http://www.dailytravelphotos.com/ima...IMG_81 10.jpg

But probably more like:
http://tinyurl.com/6w9kv5f from:
http://i01.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/165/8...er1_574827.jpg

Got it yet?

What is "it"?

Shed Brian G UK 31 August 1st 07 05:39 PM
Shed got broken into! Eddbmxdude Unicycling 15 October 14th 06 07:24 PM
shed humping(bad shed) the unicycle man(one of many) Recumbent Biking 0 September 2nd 06 06:34 AM
Every home (or shed) should have one! cfsmtb Australia 30 September 1st 06 01:40 AM
My Shed Just zis Guy, you know? UK 17 July 3rd 04 12:54 PM