Too fast on a bicycle in dangerous condition.

Old June 4th 11, 03:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default Too fast on a bicycle in dangerous condition.

A CYCLIST died of severe head injuries after the fold-up bike he was riding
fell apart because it had not been assembled properly.

Librarian Roger Devenish, 63, of Hollybank Gardens, St Leonards, was
pedalling down Filsham Road at speeds of up to 30mph when the front wheel of
his bike came off. He fell and hit his head hard on the road.

"I would say he was doing around 25 to 30mph. The accident, which happened
on September 22, left Mr Devenish, who was wearing a cycle helmet, with a
fractured skull and severe brain damage"

http://www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/ne...ee _1_2738847

Old June 7th 11, 01:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 06/06/2011 23:25, Squashme wrote:
On Jun 4, 3:16 pm, wrote:
A CYCLIST died of severe head injuries after the fold-up bike he was riding
fell apart because it had not been assembled properly.

Librarian Roger Devenish, 63, of Hollybank Gardens, St Leonards, was
pedalling down Filsham Road at speeds of up to 30mph when the front wheel of
his bike came off. He fell and hit his head hard on the road.

"I would say he was doing around 25 to 30mph. The accident, which happened
on September 22, left Mr Devenish, who was wearing a cycle helmet, with a
fractured skull and severe brain damage"

http://www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/ne...st_died_of_hea...

http://www.sunnyhastings.com/marinaallotments/?cat=56

Just to remind you.

Remind us of what? Darwins Law?

--
Dave - Cyclists VOR.
"Many people barely recognise the bicycle as a
Old June 7th 11, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Jun 4, 3:16 pm, *wrote:
A CYCLIST died of severe head injuries after the fold-up bike he was riding
fell apart because it had not been assembled properly.

Librarian Roger Devenish, 63, of Hollybank Gardens, St Leonards, was
pedalling down Filsham Road at speeds of up to 30mph when the front wheel of
his bike came off. He fell and hit his head hard on the road.

"I would say he was doing around 25 to 30mph. *The accident, which happened
on September 22, left Mr Devenish, who was wearing a cycle helmet, with a
fractured skull and severe brain damage"

http://www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/ne...st_died_of_hea....

http://www.sunnyhastings.com/marinaallotments/?cat=56

Just to remind you.

Remind us of what? *Darwins Law?

--
Dave - Cyclists VOR.
"Many people barely recognise the bicycle as a
University- Hide quoted text -

Dear Lord, a child of the 50's pretending to be a survivor of nature
red in tooth and claw!
Old June 7th 11, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar[_3_]

On Jun 4, 3:16*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
A CYCLIST died of severe head injuries after the fold-up bike he was riding
fell apart because it had not been assembled properly.

Please be Chapman, please be Chapman, please be Chapman, PLEASE be
Chapman....

Librarian Roger Devenish

Damn. Hopefully next time. But in the meantime, his disappearance
from Usenet is most welcome and hopefully permanent. I guess even he
has a limit to just how much he can lie, cheat and deceive before
realising that it's futile, giving up, and admitting (if only to
himself of course) that he's been wrong all along.

(No, I don't really want Chapman to die, but it's a closer run thing
than it is with pretty much anyone else. He really is a PoS, despite
what Nob and his other fans maintain.)
Old June 7th 11, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Tue, 7 Jun 2011 06:39:49 -0700 (PDT), Nuxx Bar wrote:

On Jun 4, 3:16*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
A CYCLIST died of severe head injuries after the fold-up bike he was riding
fell apart because it had not been assembled properly.

Please be Chapman, please be Chapman, please be Chapman, PLEASE be
Chapman....

Wicked !!

You need to pray harder.

I am told that his new (reduced salary - no car - less pressure) employer Dell
told him that if he was associating himself with them on the internet - he had
to moderate his language, attitudes, and profile elsewhere as it could bring
the company in to disrepute. I have no idea if this is true though.

Can anyone confirm?

--

"I have never said that I encourage my children to wear helmets. I would challenge judith
to find the place where I said I encourage my children to wear helmets." Guy Chapman