I finally saw my first bike commercial

Old July 8th 09, 03:21 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default I finally saw my first bike commercial

If you ever wonder why in America you find so many SUVs and so few
bikes, turn on your TV... All you see is glamorized Supersized
Unnecessary Vehicles, which the people are quick to adopt in "monkey
see, monkey do" fashion.

Anyway what a big surprise I had last night when I tuned this sports
channel (mostly replay of the Olympics) and then the commercial showed
a smart foldable Dahon Mu single speed. That's awesome! I call them
"monkey bikes" (not in the pejorative sense since I own like 3 of
them), so I expect many monkeys to follow through.

http://www.universalsports.com/

Now I will be splitting my time (outside of the Internet and riding
bikes) between the cartoons (not so dangerous as regular channels) and
the newly found sports channel. It all makes sense for the Revolution
where SMALL IS BETTER!*

* This is NOT a revolution commercial.

The 3 C's of successful monkeys... Communicate, Coordinate, Cooperate.

http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution
Old July 8th 09, 10:40 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Thomas[_2_]

On Jul 8, 7:21*am, ComandanteBanana wrote:

http://www.universalsports.com/

Now I will be splitting my time (outside of the Internet and riding
bikes) between the cartoons (not so dangerous as regular channels) and
the newly found sports channel.

That newly found sports channel also carrys a lot of bicycle racing,
notably the Giro d'Italia, if you enjoy watching racing. Their
website also has all these videos on demand.

Enjoy,
Tom
Old July 9th 09, 02:44 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

On Jul 8, 5:40*pm, Thomas wrote:
On Jul 8, 7:21*am, ComandanteBanana wrote:

http://www.universalsports.com/

Now I will be splitting my time (outside of the Internet and riding
bikes) between the cartoons (not so dangerous as regular channels) and
the newly found sports channel.

That newly found sports channel also carrys a lot of bicycle racing,
notably the Giro d'Italia, if you enjoy watching racing. *Their
website also has all these videos on demand.

Enjoy,
Tom

I noticed, I noticed. They introduce very sharp bikes also.

Their stuff is sold under "gear"...

Hey, this is NOT a commercial but I support the idea with my money!
Old July 10th 09, 09:43 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
DennisTheBald

On Jul 8, 9:21*am, ComandanteBanana wrote:
[...]

They list badminton, but ignore the oldest team sport, lacrosse...
what a bunch of non-contact wussies.
But ads for bikes are cool.
Old July 11th 09, 12:01 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----
The 3 C's of successful monkeys... Communicate, Coordinate, Cooperate.

*http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution

They list badminton, but ignore the oldest team sport, lacrosse...
what a bunch of non-contact wussies.
But ads for bikes are cool.- Hide quoted text -

Ads for bikes are cool because they not only advertise high end bikes
but bikes for the rest of us.

The Dahon Uno is a cool single speed that could really make it big. I
just came back in my mundane Boardwalk, and I put it in the shopping
cart! Wich means, it won't be gone when I go back!
Old July 15th 09, 04:30 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

---------------------------------------------------------------------------**-----
The 3 C's of successful monkeys... Communicate, Coordinate, Cooperate..

*http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution

They list badminton, but ignore the oldest team sport, lacrosse...
what a bunch of non-contact wussies.
But ads for bikes are cool.- Hide quoted text -

Ads for bikes are cool because they not only advertise high end bikes
but bikes for the rest of us.

The Dahon Uno is a cool single speed that could really make it big. I
just came back in my mundane Boardwalk, and I put it in the shopping
cart! Wich means, it won't be gone when I go back!- Hide quoted text -

Well, they have like 5 bike commercials that they play over and over.
Still no SUV commercials so I think they are worthy of the
endorsement.

One detail though. In the actual athletic competition in Oslo, the
runners (not running on oil but bananas) wore a sign that said "EXXON
MOBIL"...

Funny, if you want to run fast and be fit, drink gasoline!