Like it or not, ComandanteBanana keeps posting to Usenet.

Old July 15th 09, 05:19 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Keats

Default Like it or not, ComandanteBanana keeps posting to Usenet.

In article ,
Tom Sherman °_° writes:
Edward Dolan wrote:
"Tom Sherman °_°" wrote in message
ComandanteBanana wrote:
[SNIP]

Y Y A W W NN N
Y Y A A W W W N N N
Y Y A A W W W W N N N
Y A A W W W W N N N
Y AAAAAAAAA W W W W N N N
Y A A W W W W N N N
Y A A W W N NN

ComandanteBanana is presenting a point of view with which most us can
sympathize. Who hasn't been almost killed by a driver of a motor vehicle at
one time or another?[...]

No, "ComandanteBanana" is an anti-cyclist, pro-motorist fear-monger,
which is why I have no patience for him.

Yes, he is transparent glass.

He's like an awkward, artless, wannabe conspirator
who thinks out loud too much for his own misbegotten
purposes. Kinda like Homer Simpson. Doh!!

cheers,
Tom

--
By their fruits shall ye know 'em.
I'm really at:
Old July 15th 09, 04:17 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

On Jul 15, 12:19*am, (Tom Keats) wrote:

ComandanteBanana wrote:
[...]

No, there's no CONSPIRACY AGAINST CYCLISTS IN AMERICA. They just allow
the FEAR FACTOR to keep them off the road.

You are dumb though. I hope you don't drive.

Old July 16th 09, 04:19 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

I don't know whether I should call this ONLY IN TEXAS or ONLY IN
AMERICA...

(some Texan wrote)

We are home to one of the worst journalist outfits I have ever had the
displeasure to deal with and that is The Houston Chronicle. Anyway
today they ran a story on governor Perry vetoing the bill that would
make it law to give cyclists at least three feet of room despite
overwhelming senate and house support. Here's the story:

(quoting from the paper)

Some Texans wanted Perry to veto the measure.

“You will have radical bikers taking license numbers of cars and
reporting them because they thought they passed too close,” Kenneth
Bain of Duncanville wrote Perry. “If you sign this bill you are
letting a small minority rule the voting masses and it will not sit
well at election time.”

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=562587

Old July 17th 09, 03:46 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default The QUICK WAY is to make every bike entitled to the lane

I think in order to make Miami, Anchorage and the rest of the country
more bike friendly you have to learn from Europe and do...

A comprehensive, continuous, integrated approach that extends beyond
pedestrian and bicyclist “treatments” to include elements such as:

- Parking policies
- Street design hierarchy that considers pedestrians and bicyclists
first
- Integration with and widespread availability of public transit
- Connected on-street and off-street walking and biking networks
- Ongoing promotional campaigns and activities
- Traffic safety education for children throughout their school
years;
- Visually rich pedestrian-level built environment;
- Routine photo enforcement; and,
- Numerous other policy and facility details that make walking and
bicycling easy, convenient, and enjoyable.
http://drusilla.hsrc.unc.edu/cms/dow...y%20Report.pdf

This is the LONG WAY... The QUICK WAY is to make every bike entitled
to the lane, and the cars better overtake them on the other lane --or
else smile for the cameras.

Old July 17th 09, 06:14 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Edward Dolan

"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message
[...]
This is the LONG WAY... The QUICK WAY is to make every bike entitled

to the lane, and the cars better overtake them on the other lane --or
else smile for the cameras.

Bikes and motor vehicles need their own lanes entirely separated from one
another by physical barriers. Otherwise you are just whistling Dixie!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old July 18th 09, 11:39 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Harry Brogan

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 12:14:25 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message
[...]
This is the LONG WAY... The QUICK WAY is to make every bike entitled

to the lane, and the cars better overtake them on the other lane --or
else smile for the cameras.

Bikes and motor vehicles need their own lanes entirely separated from one
another by physical barriers. Otherwise you are just whistling Dixie!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

I can agree with that. After all, I have NEVER been hit by a car
while actually ON a bike path. But I have been hit by one while
trying to cross a street. And no it doesn't feel that good.
Old July 18th 09, 04:11 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default Is your state a HELLHOLE TOO?

Originally Posted by Cosmoline
"Good point well taken. Disregard my previous post! Alaska really is
awful. And we all live in igloos and earthen huts."

No, my real worry is that Alaska has TOO MANY SUVS PERCAPITA.

***I think the real hellholes have a very high concentration of SUVs
and low concentration of bikes.***

Probably Florida and Alaska are way up there with Texas.
Old July 18th 09, 04:16 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

On Jul 17, 1:14*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message

[...] This is the LONG WAY... The QUICK WAY is to make every bike entitled

to the lane, and the cars better overtake them on the other lane --or
else smile for the cameras.

Bikes and motor vehicles need their own lanes entirely separated from one
another by physical barriers. Otherwise you are just whistling Dixie!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Big Ed, I think WE NEED BOTH, some bikes beg the path (my Electras)
while others beg the road (my Seattle).

The thing is that when you ask for too much, they tell you, "SORRY, NO
DINERO."

Making the bike a legal vehicle entitled to the lane is a smart move
if you back it with cameras. 30 feet before and after your bike the
car must leave YOUR lane.
Old July 18th 09, 04:28 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

wrote:

"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message
[...]
This is the LONG WAY... The QUICK WAY is to make every bike entitled

to the lane, and the cars better overtake them on the other lane --or
else smile for the cameras.

Bikes and motor vehicles need their own lanes entirely separated from one
another by physical barriers. Otherwise you are just whistling Dixie!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

I can agree with that. After all, I have NEVER been hit by a car
while actually ON a bike path. But I have been hit by one while
trying to cross a street. And no it doesn't feel that good.- Hide quoted text -

Yes, it gotta hurt...

http://snopes.com/photos/accident/bikerace.asp
Old July 19th 09, 01:55 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Edward Dolan

wrote:

"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message
[...]
This is the LONG WAY... The QUICK WAY is to make every bike entitled
to the lane, and the cars better overtake them on the other lane --or
else smile for the cameras.

Bikes and motor vehicles need their own lanes entirely separated from
one
another by physical barriers. Otherwise you are just whistling Dixie!

I can agree with that. After all, I have NEVER been hit by a car
while actually ON a bike path. But I have been hit by one while
trying to cross a street. And no it doesn't feel that good.- Hide quoted
text -

Yes, it gotta hurt...

http://snopes.com/photos/accident/bikerace.asp

That picture has been posted several times on these cycling newsgroups and
serves to remind us all of how vulnerable we are on the roads with motor
vehicles. I will no longer ride my bike on high speed highways with no
shoulders. Way too dangerous. I must have a shoulder or else the traffic has
to be nonexistent.

Bike lanes without physical separators are no solution at all. Motorists
will veer into bike lanes without giving it a second thought if it suits
their convenience.

What is Usenet for? Simon Brooke UK 0 December 28th 07 09:21 AM
Reading/posting on usenet rbm and rbt Joshua Lee Techniques 14 March 22nd 05 03:08 AM
Reading/posting on usenet rbm and rbt Joshua Lee Marketplace 8 March 21st 05 06:51 PM