The Shed Thread

Old April 26th 12, 04:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default The Shed Thread

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 18:44:00 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

halfwit

Yet, the tone of the incident and the use of the word 'pain' (which does
not feature in any other narratives) may suggest a deeper type of insult
than those of the earlier examples.

--
Life is a venereal disease with 100% mortality.
Old April 26th 12, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ian Smith

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 18:44:00 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:
On 25/04/2012 16:00, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 08:20:59 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

With hindsight, it's unsurprising that the two words,
"mal-informed" and "handyman" made you think I was talking about
you.

"breize" blocks ROFLMAO!!!!

If it was that funny, why didn't you say something yourself?

The possibilities that come to my mind a

1: You didn't want to cause any embarrassment to Bertie, so didn't
mention it.

2: You had no idea what breeze was or how it should be spelled either.

Now, anyone fancy betting which is the more likely?

It's a curious definition you have of '****wit' by the way - it seems
to be "anyone not omniscient, except Dave". Why would you expect
someone to know the etymology of an obsolete building material?

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|
Old April 26th 12, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 06:56:46 +0100
Bertie Wooster wrote:

The blocks I have are these:
http://www.diy.com/nav/build/buildin...k-Grey-9273670

"Dense" is the clue that they're not breeze blocks. Just as well, you
wouldn't want low density blocks for foundations.

Old April 26th 12, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

Bertie Wooster wrote:

The blocks I have are these:
http://www.diy.com/nav/build/buildin...k-Grey-9273670

"Dense" is the clue that they're not breeze blocks. Just as well, you
wouldn't want low density blocks for foundations.

So, Medwit was wrong, and building a log cabin on concrete blocks, as
I propose doing, is a sound idea.

The cabin is due to be delivered tomorrow. I am not sure that I will
be able to do much until the weekend 12/13 May.
Old April 26th 12, 04:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]

Bertie Wooster wrote:

The blocks I have are these:
http://www.diy.com/nav/build/buildin...k-Grey-9273670

"Dense" is the clue that they're not breeze blocks. Just as well, you
wouldn't want low density blocks for foundations.

So, Medwit was wrong, and building a log cabin on concrete blocks, as
I propose doing, is a sound idea.

No. You initially and wrongly described them as " breize" blocks. No amount
of wriggling is going to change that.

Old April 26th 12, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 16:29:14 +0100, "Partac"
wrote:

.. .

Bertie Wooster wrote:

The blocks I have are these:
http://www.diy.com/nav/build/buildin...k-Grey-9273670

"Dense" is the clue that they're not breeze blocks. Just as well, you
wouldn't want low density blocks for foundations.

So, Medwit was wrong, and building a log cabin on concrete blocks, as
I propose doing, is a sound idea.

No. You initially and wrongly described them as " breize" blocks. No amount
of wriggling is going to change that.

Yes - I accept that I had the name of the concrete blocks wrong. But I
did include a photograph, from which I would expect a "professional"
handyman to realise my misunderstanding.

The only rational conclusion I can draw is that Medwit is not a very
good handyman. And before you say it, I know that when it comes to
building log cabins I am a complete amateur - though I do know what
good decking looks like.
Old April 26th 12, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Bertie Wooster wrote:

The blocks I have are these:
http://www.diy.com/nav/build/buildin...k-Grey-9273670

"Dense" is the clue that they're not breeze blocks. Just as well, you
wouldn't want low density blocks for foundations.

So, Medwit was wrong, and building a log cabin on concrete blocks, as
I propose doing

No - you clearly thought that you were putting it on breeze/brieze/breize
blocks

--

Bertie Wooster's real name is Tom Crispin.
He uses the name Bertie Wooster so that people involved with

Old April 26th 12, 07:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

Bertie Wooster wrote:

The blocks I have are these:
http://www.diy.com/nav/build/buildin...k-Grey-9273670

"Dense" is the clue that they're not breeze blocks. Just as well, you
wouldn't want low density blocks for foundations.

So, Medwit was wrong, and building a log cabin on concrete blocks, as
I propose doing

No - you clearly thought that you were putting it on breeze/brieze/breize
blocks

Yes - I have already confessed to my error. However, the fact remains
that Deckwit was unable to decipher the truth from the photos.
Old April 26th 12, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

Bertie wrote:

The blocks I have are these:
http://www.diy.com/nav/build/buildin...k-Grey-9273670

"Dense" is the clue that they're not breeze blocks. Just as well, you
wouldn't want low density blocks for foundations.

Funny how 'dense' and Cwispin go together so well isn't it?

So, Medwit was wrong, and building a log cabin on concrete blocks, as
I propose doing, is a sound idea.

But you proposed to build it on "breize" blocks. You didn't know the
difference between them & concrete blocks did you halfwit?

Wriggling again.
University
Old April 26th 12, 07:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

Bertie wrote:

The blocks I have are these:
http://www.diy.com/nav/build/buildin...k-Grey-9273670

"Dense" is the clue that they're not breeze blocks. Just as well, you
wouldn't want low density blocks for foundations.

"Dense" is the clue that Cwispin didn't have a ****ing clue.

University

Shed Brian G UK 31 August 1st 07 05:39 PM
Shed got broken into! Eddbmxdude Unicycling 15 October 14th 06 07:24 PM
shed humping(bad shed) the unicycle man(one of many) Recumbent Biking 0 September 2nd 06 06:34 AM
Every home (or shed) should have one! cfsmtb Australia 30 September 1st 06 01:40 AM
My Shed Just zis Guy, you know? UK 17 July 3rd 04 12:54 PM